A blast from the past

Started by valeria, July 07, 2020, 06:14:00 PM

So I found this gem while I was cleaning my office - my hand-written notes as Lord Templar Takharion Jal in the leadup to the destruction of Tyn Dashra:

Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Raleris Winrothol yaaas so glad I got to see some of that era.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Quote from: triste on July 07, 2020, 06:43:34 PM
Raleris Winrothol yaaas so glad I got to see some of that era.

The "Raleris Winrothol era" spans like a 1000 years.

I must have played like 50 characters under his leadership.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Wow, this makes me want to find the book with the copious notes I took when I played the Lirathan Lady Templar Serilla back in like, 2007. So many names!
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

... traitorous rascals.  All of them.  ALL of them.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: Ourla on July 07, 2020, 08:47:01 PM
Wow, this makes me want to find the book with the copious notes I took when I played the Lirathan Lady Templar Serilla back in like, 2007. So many names!

Ooooh!  I bet at least two of my characters made your book.  One was a singing HG and the other a real bad guy! :-)

Quote from: Blink on July 07, 2020, 09:15:52 PM

Ooooh!  I bet at least two of my characters made your book.  One was a singing HG and the other a real bad guy! :-)

Those were fun, weird times. I think my NPC half-giant bodyguard Tukas got more kudos than I did.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

July 08, 2020, 11:25:01 AM #8 Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:26:49 AM by Dresan
At the time I hadn't realize they were going to allow people to play NPCs.

So when a few new tuluki soldier I had never seen before starting popping up, I thought they were just newbies I might have somehow missed during training begging for shields which made me feel bad I didn't bring extra.

Good times.

Though I think at the time there was some disappointment because some of us trained really hard in order to fight a huge battle. Expecting something like the copper wars which had times where patrols ended up in bloody fights.

Just thinking back though now it would have been silly to have those battles we craved. Especially since Allanak not only outnumbered tuluk in terms of players but also when you are fighting a war, all restraint just gets thrown out the window and magickal buffs were being passed around like water I hear.

I started playing around Serilla and Elithan's ascensions to badassery. I think my First PC was a 3day "lumberjack" that ended up dying to a halfling in a storm.

Only after a few years playing, did I realize my wood was virtually being used to set up spike pits and fund the war effort.

Most influential PC, by far, and that includes a Legionnaire Sergeant who survived for 50+ days and was only stored because Tuluk was taking a different direction after the flood.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I was so thankful for the war planning because it meant Takharion wasn't paying attention to my sorcerer PC.  Thankful mostly because he had done something Super Dumb (tm) and was super weak and vulnerable (relatively) at the time.  So it gave me an opportunity to build back up without getting to much attention my way.  ;D
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

You really should.  It was a lot of fun going through the notebook with the random looseleaf pages stuffed in from where I was grabbing stuff off my desk to jot notes.  For whatever reason, I take my long-term notes in a program and my 'I need this to-do to be visible' notes by hand.

Quote from: Ender on July 08, 2020, 06:34:57 PM
I was so thankful for the war planning because it meant Takharion wasn't paying attention to my sorcerer PC.  Thankful mostly because he had done something Super Dumb (tm) and was super weak and vulnerable (relatively) at the time.  So it gave me an opportunity to build back up without getting to much attention my way.  ;D

I was actually on a break for two or three months before the war, trying to buy a house.  It was the war that got me back since my staff at the time was pretty much 'so are you coming back or storing buddy.'  I'm glad I came back, I ended up having a good time falling off the mountain and into that random group of fleeing Tuluki PCs.  Fortunately, Torgun and the rest also crash landed, or I might have been toast.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I still have fond memories of Takharion. The bastard kept me from manifesting for 3-4 months because I so loved playing his aide.

I believe we had Faithful lord Talius on our side which was also a pleasure to play with.

Seems staff had one heck of a supporting case for this event.

Honestly Templars in general seem to bring a lot more to the game because they are in that interesting position of needing wealth, reputation and having ambition.

Not to derail but I believe templars being forced to compete and survive each other in the same areas brings so much to the game and everyone around them. Choosing the right templar to work with and bribe can make or break you depending on whether they succeed or fail.

No one swooning over fond memories of our Lord of Corpulence, Tenneshi?

He was, hands down, my favorite of all nobles ever. I liked him so much I built him a secret house guard of assassins and spies, called the Sweepers. We had a statue right outside of the A'kai building, which was moulded after my guy Lohar, the First Sweeper. (that fat little bald guy)

Man, those were the days. I walking Lohar into a known assassination, in psi contact with another sweeper, just to prove the A'kai were traitorous bastards :)

I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Lord of Corpulence, Tenneshi?Was he the really fat noble?

I remember the fat noble very fondly but its a shame I could never remember his name. There was one time another noble tried to do an event involving giving out free water. Of course, the event was stopped (probably by him). And then this fat noble when out walking around the street asking if people if they were there for water which the other noble promised and failed to deliver.

I just remember my character sitting at a bench with his mate. And him coming over and asking if I was thirsty and was looking forward to an event promised but not delivered. The amazing way this person RPed his character, and the emotions and utter glee at this other noble's failure. I still remember it all these years after, it was just awesome.

Sadly it is something that only could happen in Tuluk since pubic opinion and reputation matter a lot in Tuluk, it really what made politics so inclusive and fun there. You didn't need to kill nobles or their aides there, you just needed to ruin their reputation and their aides and patrons would leave and the house would need to kill the noble themselves to maintain their status

July 25, 2020, 10:07:19 AM #16 Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:09:26 AM by Fredd
Quote from: Dresan on July 25, 2020, 09:56:44 AM
Lord of Corpulence, Tenneshi?Was he the really fat noble?

I remember the fat noble very fondly but its a shame I could never remember his name. There was one time another noble tried to do an event involving giving out free water. Of course, the event was stopped (probably by him). And then this fat noble when out walking around the street asking if people if they were there for water which the other noble promised and failed to deliver.

I just remember my character sitting at a bench with his mate. And him coming over and asking if I was thirsty and was looking forward to an event promised but not delivered. The amazing way this person RPed his character, and the emotions and utter glee at this other noble's failure. I still remember it all these years after, it was just awesome.

Sadly it is something that only could happen in Tuluk since pubic opinion and reputation matter a lot in Tuluk, it really what made politics so inclusive and fun there. You didn't need to kill nobles or their aides there, you just needed to ruin their reputation and their aides and patrons would leave and the house would need to kill the noble themselves to maintain their status

That was him. I think his name was Drageon? That cursive is hard to read, but I knew who it was. It's been soooo many years. Yeah, Lord Tenneshi was an AMAZING roleplayer. And I miss the politics of Tuluk. It was EVERYWHERE. There were tons of events, because the 2 (sometimes 3) Noble houses that were active, were always pushing to show off. SOmetimes it was obvious, like a play or other bard performance. Othertimes it was reeeeeally small.

Like the time Lord Tenneshi was seen in a tavern shaving spice with a House Borsail knife. He was showing off to the other nbles "My Master Thief went to Allanak, and stole from one of their false nobles. Have you're people done something this cool?"

You don't really get that kinda stuff with Allanak politics.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I remember dealing with Dragean. He was really really cool. He offered my peepsqueek pickpocket Red a position in the sweepers and it sooo totally fit him. But by then, I suspected one of the sweepers wanted him dead and he passed on the opportunity.  But it was a great meeting. I had master cooling as pickpocket, so I could Master Craft. And we were discussing draft hoods on ovens that could create even temperatures to make the best cookies ever! Then he told me a tale of White Hammer. It was pretty cool. As a thank you, I framed some bard he didn't like and fucked up his reputation with a Chosen he was trying to connect with. 

Dragean was really the light version of Cammul, who was the OG.

YEAH!!! Dragean. That was him!

The events had consequences for the nobles putting them on, it wasn't just a party it was basically displaying the noble's abilities and recruitment effort.

If the event failed or was ruined in someway, you wouldn't have any good hunters or master thieves, etc working for you. Your overall status among nobles and in tuluk would be absolute shit. No one with ambition would want to work for a worthless weak noble, these nobles wouldn't last long anyways.

Good times!

Quote from: Dar on July 25, 2020, 11:41:32 AM
I remember dealing with Dragean. He was really really cool. He offered my peepsqueek pickpocket Red a position in the sweepers and it sooo totally fit him. But by then, I suspected one of the sweepers wanted him dead and he passed on the opportunity.  But it was a great meeting. I had master cooling as pickpocket, so I could Master Craft. And we were discussing draft hoods on ovens that could create even temperatures to make the best cookies ever! Then he told me a tale of White Hammer. It was pretty cool. As a thank you, I framed some bard he didn't like and fucked up his reputation with a Chosen he was trying to connect with.

It was really cool to see the sweepers keep going after my char's death. I remember pitching them to Dragean. I wanted to ake a Ninja house guard unit. So I said something
along the lines of. "House Tenneshi is the house of Urban Planning, we should have an Urban house guard.  People more used to the twists of the cities streets and alleys then your
common warrior"

Next thing you know, I was training ninja's.

Quote from: Dar on July 25, 2020, 11:41:32 AM

I remember a lot of those characters from the OP.

I think I remember dealing with Red. I think I paid him to try to infiltrate house Salarr to gather information for my character, Keltasio. Dragean Tenneshi was my character's patron. The character ended up being killed by Layla Lyksae when he let an errant thought slip in her presence, and she subsequently unleashed half-giant seal team 6.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

I had a blast playing with Dragean, as his aide Carine. The constant back and forth between him and hm - was it Lyksae? had me in stitches behind the monitor while Carine had to keep the peace lest an all out war break out. Plus he came up with the most awesome words. I am envious of his player's vocabulary.

That was a pretty crazy time in the Tuluk "playable" history.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 26, 2020, 02:22:34 PM
I had a blast playing with Dragean, as his aide Carine. The constant back and forth between him and hm - was it Lyksae? had me in stitches behind the monitor while Carine had to keep the peace lest an all out war break out. Plus he came up with the most awesome words. I am envious of his player's vocabulary.

That was a pretty crazy time in the Tuluk "playable" history.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun in Tuluk during that time.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.