Bye Arm

Started by Barsook, July 06, 2020, 05:09:41 PM

July 06, 2020, 05:09:41 PM Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 05:14:15 PM by Barsook
I know this is heartbreaking but I wish to say bye to all of you. All of this drama (that I shouldn't really be following) combined with starting my new job tomorrow is getting to me. I enjoyed playing with all of you for sure but I'm aware of my mental health. The "popular" side of the Internet is just too toxic (including the forums here, right now) where I feel leaving it will help me greatly. It will allow me put my energy to better use and perhaps, later on, I can come back to Arm with the same amount that I had in the last year and half.

I wish you all luck with murder, corruption, and betrayal (tm) and can't wait to hear the stories of the current plot lines down the road.

Best,
Barsook

ETA: Thanks everyone who as helped me to grow in the last 12 years of playing this game (Mechafish was my first forum account here).
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Take care and stay healthy, Barsook!

I encourage you to take a break and stick with it.  Good luck with your new job!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Be well and glorious, Sooki!

Thank you for sharing stories with me.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Stupid drama. Ugh.

Good luck with everything!

You can try just playing the game next time you come around, and avoid the GDB (and other OOC cliques!) :) But I know how hard it is to do so, feeling isolated and all isn't fun...
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Please note, a good chunk of this is from drama, but also I lost my long lived character and didn't realize how much that got me. And how much time I spent playing them and thinking about what's the next move when I was not playing. It's something that Bebop said in her goodbye post and god, that's so true.

Thank you all for your replies and your understanding.

Quote from: Malken on July 06, 2020, 06:48:44 PM
You can try just playing the game next time you come around, and avoid the GDB (and other OOC cliques!) :) But I know how hard it is to do so, feeling isolated and all isn't fun...

I know and I should of done that, but still, it's one of the reasons.  I should of been clearer without getting too ICly.
Fredd-

What is your new job like, Barsook?

Haven't started it but it's science related with lab work at Cincinnati's largest employer, P&G- but as a contractor. Also that's how much I can talk about it too.
Fredd-

Ooohhhhh. Are you fabricating the nanochips that we're about to inject into us during vaccinations?

Good luck in your job, Barsook! You dont know me, but I liked playing with you.

Quote from: Dar on July 06, 2020, 07:09:00 PM
You dont know me, but I liked playing with you.

Likewise and to most of you, in fact. :)
Fredd-

Aww Barsook, I don't know too many people on the forum, but I can honestly say I will miss playing with you! Sad to hear about your character and I only hope that if/when you come back that I am still here so that I can play with you again!!

Good luck with the new job and take care of yourself!!
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Best of luck, Barsook! Everyone needs a break, especially after the hardship of losing a long-lived character. I hope you do eventually come back to us and find enjoyment within the game again, without all the OOC drama.  :)

Not certain we ever played together, but good luck on your new job.  Go out and enjoy life! =)
Labor omnia vincit - "(Hard) work conquers all."

Goodbye, Barsook!  I'm sorry about what happened...    :'(

You will be missed.

Be pona.

Good fortune to you, Barsook.

*Hugs* Good luck with the job and stay healthy!

I had the same moment when I lost my longest lived character, and I've never been the same since. I still keep hovering around like a fly, though.

ahdunnowhy.

GL, seeya when I seeya.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Grats on leaving! That must mean good things. I am hopeful for you and I had a lot of fun RPing with you!

If that RP bug bites and you get the RP itch, may I suggest rounding up a Pen and paper RP group like on roll20? Such good fun those can be.

Best of luck in your next adventure!
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Be well Barsook. You've always been a kind, wholesome light in the toxic gloom of the GDB. We'll probably be here if/when you decide to return. Maybe less toxic. Probably not :[

Hey all!

Roughly a month past where I have posted the first post and I wanted to give you all an update. My new job is still treating me well, I nearly learned everything that I need to learn and I wish I had a laptop so I can do more than just reading a e-book on my phone. I'm also trying to get back into my (remote) volunteer work with the Cincinnati Nature Center where the focus is on citizen science and work on homebrewed world based off of Skies of Arcadia Legends and Disney's Treasure Planet, that can run with the percentile dice system like 40K Warhammer.

As for coming back to Arm (not social media Internet), I wanted to come back two weeks ago but well, I got a frozen shoulder and got it checked out by the chiropractor. After six adjustments of a poorly aligned neck and 36 more to go), It's much better! I might try to create a new character this weekend and get back into playing. Who knows.

I still will lurk around here and maybe post something meaningful when the time comes.

Barsook
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on August 07, 2020, 05:41:19 PM
Hey all!

Roughly a month past where I have posted the first post and I wanted to give you all an update. My new job is still treating me well, I nearly learned everything that I need to learn and I wish I had a laptop so I can do more than just reading a e-book on my phone. I'm also trying to get back into my (remote) volunteer work with the Cincinnati Nature Center where the focus is on citizen science and work on homebrewed world based off of Skies of Arcadia Legends and Disney's Treasure Planet, that can run with the percentile dice system like 40K Warhammer.

As for coming back to Arm (not social media Internet), I wanted to come back two weeks ago but well, I got a frozen shoulder and got it checked out by the chiropractor. After six adjustments of a poorly aligned neck and 36 more to go), It's much better! I might try to create a new character this weekend and get back into playing. Who knows.

I still will lurk around here and maybe post something meaningful when the time comes.

Barsook

I always love playing with you. So I hope you like the new one.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

And it looks like you are back playing, maybe one day I get to play with you again.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on August 15, 2020, 09:53:33 PM
And it looks like you are back playing, maybe one day I get to play with you again.

Yep. I had the last surviving warrior for a whole 2 weeks before it got Carrued. Ahh, good times.

I'm sure we will bump into each other :)
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died