Staff, admin, producer demographics.

Started by Doublepalli, June 29, 2020, 02:51:55 PM

With all due consideration for the hot climate that is racial discussion in the world at present, not to mention in several topics on the GDB and changes to the game, I feel there's some need to discuss this specific issue in its own thread.

I am curious, since this is a multinational, ethnic diverse playerbase population, how well this is represented in the game's staffing.  Is the staff strong in female leadership still, since it had been for years, and are culturual differences and opinions represented in the game leadership's "groupthink"....?

In this particular day and age of equality and inclusion, how inclusive, really, is Armageddon's staff.  When its playerbase represents the worldview, how much representation is reflected in its staffing?  How many ESL individuals have been deemed worthy enough in their English-focused roleplay to join staff, then get promoted through staff?  Does the Producer and  Admin levels have representation that reflects the female playerbase, the non-Caucasian playerbase?  I'm just curious, especially now in this day and age, if it's more of the same, or if the "eyeball test" changes such as removing racist tropes is just lip-service.

I would feel deeply uncomfortable asking a player who wishes to join staff about those characteristics, and about a Staffing environment who thought to ask those questions rather than let someone stay as anonymous as they want and only volunteer such information about themselves as they are comfortable with.

Nor will we share information on behalf our colleagues that has been shared with us in confidence.  It is highly personal whether any particular person is comfortable sharing any of this, even to inform general metrics.