Tent destruction

Started by GithMaster, June 16, 2020, 06:00:45 PM

It would be nice if NPCs had to be a certain size to one shot your tent. Maybe give tents durability so you can run out and try and save it from smaller creatures.

+1 ah yes I just had a flashback to when a small, spade headed snake destroyed a tent I borrowed. Trying to explain that one in game necessarily violated the fourth wall because such a scenario is completely unbelievable.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Would be nice if the tents had some durability and you could fight something off instead of the tent being destroyed by something in one little snake bite. Could give a little more variety to the tents too. Some light duty, while others are heavy to carry but won't get smashed down so simply.

Maybe there could be a mob AI mechanic that triggers when they first see a tent. They wander up and investigate it first, giving people a bit of time to run out before the animals actually attack the tent.

Or, what if animals could also enter the tent?

Do they actually attack the tent or is it combat around the tent that causes the tent to destruct?

They straight up attack the tent.

You too, can straight up attack a tent, if you didn't know.

The former is sometimes awkward (See: tiny snake destruction)

The latter is sometimes highly satisfying.

Don't get me wrong, I love tent destruction. I think my fondest Armageddon memory of all time was when a scrab destroyed a tent my character was sharing with another character [played by nauta, best player ever] and we had to fight it off in... various states of undress. Hilarious scene, quite the bonding moment for ranger girlfriends. But nearly every other time it's been, well...

Quote from: HortaCulture on June 17, 2020, 12:38:14 AM
sometimes awkward (See: tiny snake destruction)

... So having variation in tent damage/tent durability would rock. Zero idea if this is codedly feasible. If it's not feasible, maybe we can just tweak it so that tiny birds and snakes can't do what a scrab more realistically can. Thanks again to OP for posting this and cool that it accidentally taught people how to `break` tents.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Now that tents have durability status with sand and stuff, they can be damaged like any other equipment.
Let tents go from normal, to worn, to damaged, ect, and if it breaks enough to collapse, then let it break like normal. But don't just have them collapse immediately. Shit pisses me off.

please, please let me wake up to a Chalton snugged up against me or a snake coiled in my boot. I want animal companions and I will let my tent dissolve like toilet paper in order to achieve that.