Syntax and the word "in"

Started by mansa, June 05, 2020, 08:21:08 PM

I'd like to have syntax take into account the word "in" when typing commands into the game.

Primarily, I would like the syntax to be able to understand the intent, rather than just give a failure echo that doesn't match the expected results.  Ain't that fun?  I was thinking, and we could take the command and basically ignore it.  Maybe that can work?

>put sword in bag
>pilot wagon in argosy
>place dagger in table

This could be expanded for more "english like" commands, like 'from', 'in', 'on', etc.

>get sword from bag
>take dagger from table

I wonder how much work would need to be done in the syntax parser of Diku to make this work well.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

My need to avoid RSI says 'Please no' to this... :-\
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Quote from: Kyviantre on June 05, 2020, 09:04:53 PM
My need to avoid RSI says 'Please no' to this... :-\

I think his idea incorporates this as an option, not requirement for the input.

Also, "into", would be nice (if idea is feasible in the first place).

Adding options is fine...ya'll want to type more keys, be my guest!
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.