Welcome All, Welcome All! To the Noble's Party

Started by Shalooonsh, May 30, 2020, 09:07:54 AM

Year 28, Age 21

Shadows and whispers drifted on a tide of gentle music far below as the man
in the dark longcoat settled a mockingly featureless alabaster mask over his
sun-weathered features.  The only sign of life on that mask once worn were the
glittering points of wetness in the eyeholes, and the fact that his vast array of
thin braids, all dyed the colors of his favorite spices, moved as his head turned
to watch the just barely tamed chaos below.  Lady Ceylara Borsail mingled with
her cousin Lord Sahale as they held court over a pair of fine Muarki casks of
Muarki brandy.  Bashar, a war-Whatsit, or more properly a Killsit, did his level
best near the entryway to make sure people didn't bring in too much obvious
weaponry until the heavy boots of Great Lord Malenthis Jal heralded the arrival
of half of a Salarri armory worn for effect.  A wide variety of other nobles and
well to do commoners milled about in pleasant conversation, and the tinkling
of wineglasses played a beautiful undercurrent to the actual music.

It was time, the man in the longcoat knew, to fuck everything up.  It was time
to make this party a truly Allanaki event.  His smile was a razor's dream behind
the blankness of his mask.  A covert nod to the side signaled his compatriots,
and hand after hand around the upper deck of the hall dropped thin lengths of
black linen over more than half of the glow crystals shedding light, bringing a
near-dusk ambiance to the celebration.  Voices murmured to a halt.

His rich voice flowed from the upper balcony deck, spilling from his painted lips
with all the promise and malice of untested wine from a rival.  "My dearest friends
and heros!  Thank you all so very much for coming.  As we draw a close to that
dreadful skirmish to the east, profits in hand, and we await for the closure of the
senate's response, I wish to welcome you all to the breast of House Fale.  Truly it
is a sight to see so many of Allanak's finest colors all gathered in one place outside
of those same senate halls."  He paused a moment to let the murmur build.  He
plucked a tiny zharal candy from a bowl next to him on the railing, and tucked it
into a cheek as he took his next breath.

"Please avail yourself as you mingle to all of the scrumptious delicacies we have
brought for offering.  We have freshly cooked ginka and thuji pie, Tan Muark's
famous brandy, several bottles of liberated Tuluki wine, and Sejah whiskey from
the Sun Runners for those with a harsher palate.  Atrium students shall be at the
door momentarily with trays of tiny scrumptious vittles as well, and it is my pleasure
to announce that the cooks are finishing preparations on some live wezer larvae
blanketed with a honey and vishith drizzle.  And for anyone brave enough to eat
such a thing, I have placed three bowls at the center of the main table, the center
of which contains a wealth of candies as well as cure tablets which have been
painted to look like candies.  If you start to feel a certain numbness creep up your
fingers, it may behoove you to take from that bowl... but for those unaware, the
cure to wezer poison can also prove itself deadly, so do be careful in how much you
take from that bowl."

Again the murmurs rolled in as the crowd below realized that they weren't just at
another party thrown by Fale... they were at a legitimate, and true, Fale Party, where
death was just another attendant.  The tension built for a moment before his white
mask locked on to the red robed figure below and gave a nod.  The Great Lord and
War Hero Malenthis Jal took his position at the entry doors, forming an effective and
ruthless blockade.  A favor called in from the Copper Wars, and no favor had ever
been spent in a more Fale manner.

His voice lifted again once the hubbub from below quieted down.  "For those of you
who wish to take the safer route, I swear in His Name that the water provided by House
Jal is absolutely without taint.  Any of the spiced and jerked meat on the House Tor
platters is similarly safe... so if you do not wish to draw the dagger tonight, do stick to
those more gentle paths.  However, for those who wish to truly revel in the celebration
of all that is Allanaki, approximately an eighth of all the liquor provided tonight will be
dosed in short order, with the cures matching those ills remaining in the two other bowls
on the table.  I've given you the key to the wezer's kiss... but anything else will require
some prayer upon your part, as both tablets and candies in the other bowls are painted
in Fale colors of jade and lavender, to obscure which types of cures they truly are."

The hubbub from below surged forth again, and several nobles turned towards the
exit, only to face down the Great Lord Malenthis Jal's impervious jade mask, which swayed
ever so gently side to side as he shook his head and kept the door blocked.

Leaning out over the railing, clutching at the fine pymlithe with both hands, Lord Senaj
Ozzixilloxis Fale boomed out from behind his flawless white mask, "So let the festivities
commence, my brave fellow Allanaki.  Let us show those grotesque savages outside of
His Empire why Allanak has the metal.  Let us show them why we are the most brutal and
the most cunning.  And above all, let us show our thanks to His Darkened Self by trusting
in his guidance to keep those of us alive who deserve to live.  In two hours, we expect to
have word from the Senate halls.  I will ask that those of you who are not convulsing or
shivering to remain as quiet as possible as.... Lady Ceylara, please, no cheating, don't let
your aides taste your food again or I'll have to have them removed... anyway, as quiet as
possible as the senate pages make their announcements.  This is, afterall, a civilized affair."

And with that, the man in the longcoat, Lord Senaj Fale, drifted a lazy path down the
elegant pymlithe steps to the main floor, the tiny chips of purple and jade glow crystal
sewn into the inner lining of his longcoat making his backlit silhouette flow with glittering,
entrancing color.  At the bottom, he plucked a writhing wezer grub from a plate and
sucked it down, his honey-drenched fingers also slipping a cure from his own pocket
on to his tongue as he did.  No need to play by the same rules as everyone else...
what would be the fun in that?

We, the Southern Team, would like to offer you a role.  What house, you may ask?  What
position, you may ask?  Well, the second answer is simple.... a noble.  The first question?
Not as easy, but here's a wee list:

House Borsail
House Oash
House Tor
House Fale
House Jal
House Rennik

As much as we would truly adore opening up every House in Allanak, unfortunately we do
not have estates built for each one, so House Kasix, House Valika, and House Sath will
be kept aside... though we might just consider a very well app'd recognized bastard.

We would very much like to get these roles plucked up and in game within the next week.

We will be announcing when the role offering is closed, so if you've ever wanted to play
something off center in Allanak's upper crust, lets see your best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY5a0O7qpZY
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

FAQ:

Loonsh!  What do the noble houses typically look like?!
House Borsail - Typically very fastidious about appearance, trends toward blond/white hair.  Silver eyes are not uncommon.
House Oash - Typically paler in skin tone, black hair is a typical family trait.
House Tor - Trends towards light brown and red hair color, and men are known to have particularly luxurious beards.  Skin tone varies widely from tan to dark black, rarely are they pale.
House Fale - Go nuts.  Seriously, they dye their hair all over the place.  Eyes tend towards greens and blues.
House Jal - Typically olive in hue, but they tan to a deep, nutty brown.  Often brown or dark blond hair.
House Rennik - Typically darker in skin tone with deep black being a primary family trait.  Often known for their striking amber eyes.

Loonsh!  How many will be chosen?
Just apply.  We know how many will be chosen.

Loonsh!  Why are you so mean?  House Valika has always been so awesome, and I should play it!
Yes, yes you should, maybe someday.  But that day is not today.  Opening up all houses would have been a monumental effort, and though COVID has given some of us freetime superpowers, it's just not something we could manage strain wise.

Draugr!  Who's our staffer going to be?
*deep, gravelly Draugr-accented english*  Shalooonsh is adding House Tor, House Fale, and House Rennik to his duties for this.

Loonsh!  What about the Amber Wyverns?!  What about the Tor Scorpions!?
No.  Ancillary militias are not going to be additionally supported, these will be noble centric.  I will warn you that a focus in your character of activating the Amber Wyverns or Tor Scorpions will be frowned upon so please keep that in mind when applying and playing :)

Hope this helps!
From the rest of them.
And protected them.

This rolecall is closed.  Thanks so much to everyone who applied!  Had a marvellous turn out!
From the rest of them.
And protected them.