Muark!

Started by Dresan, May 07, 2020, 06:53:24 PM

Quote from: Barsook on May 12, 2020, 01:50:36 PM
Quote from: Pale Horse on May 12, 2020, 12:40:01 AM
Tan Muark were very much not a southern human tribe.

I meant one based in the south not how would a southern tribe would act. Then again, that might be a new topic for another day.

I am unsure of what you meant by southern human tribe, basing my statement on my own preconceived views.

1. By based, did you mean that the focus and interests of the tribe were in the southlands?
2. Did you mean that they had an origin in the south and acted, as you said in your second post, based on how a southern tribe would act?
3. Did you mean that their encampment was in the south? 
4. What do you mean by "south"?  South of Tuluk?  South of Luir's?  South of the Tablelands?  The lands around Allanak?

Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Encampment of south of Luir's is what I mean by south, as I see the Outpost being the "middle" of the Known. As for the first two, that I really don't know. It's a shame on that I haven't played a coded tribal yet and don't really know what is out there the Sands. I'm too much of a settlement dweller.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

c.290 (Year 59 Age 4)
The powerful chieftain Quintus Tektolnes conquers and unites the tribes at Vrun Driath into a small kingdom. The tribes called Doombringer, Tan-Muark, and Shadow are among the conquered.

1092 (Year 14 Age 15)
The Clan Wars begin. Pressed beyond their limits, the Shadow Clan claims right of revenge against the Elves of Mallok for the death of one of their number. The Elves refuse to admit guilt, and war is begun. The Doombringers and the Tan-Muark, through conflicts of their own, also enter into the war, as do the Twin Warlocks.

There's a lot of history to build up on the Tan Muark.  They've been conquered before, established a new homeland, had that homeland destroyed, and now are trying to find their new space in the world.  The whole conflict of old traditions vs new experiences should be a fun challenge.   IMO, similar to the Al Seik story in joining with the Arabet camps.  With the story now in the players hands, it can go any which way.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on May 12, 2020, 03:39:30 PM
With the story now in the players hands, it can go any which way.

I suspect some of these concerns stem in part from the fact that when the story is left in the players' hands, it rarely goes anywhere.

Quote from: Greve on May 12, 2020, 03:59:58 PM
Quote from: mansa on May 12, 2020, 03:39:30 PM
With the story now in the players hands, it can go any which way.

I suspect some of these concerns stem in part from the fact that when the story is left in the players' hands, it rarely goes anywhere.

This is the sort of non-productive cynicism I think Shabago was alluding to.

The most attended RPT we've had this past year had tremendous player involvement. Players shape plots and stories all the time. I don't know how else to take this comment in a productive direction other than "look at the ample evidence to the contrary."
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Quote from: Barsook on May 12, 2020, 03:36:51 PM
Encampment of south of Luir's is what I mean by south, as I see the Outpost being the "middle" of the Known. As for the first two, that I really don't know. It's a shame on that I haven't played a coded tribal yet and don't really know what is out there the Sands. I'm too much of a settlement dweller.

Understandable.

To clarify, the lands that the Tan Muark once held were actually north of Luir's Outpost, close enough to be almost on the doorstep.  In terms of pure geography, you could think of them as an Eastern-Tablelands tribe.  Eastern-Tablelands being the landscape on the same latitude as the tablelands in the Pah but on the eastern side of the Great North Road divide.

But as to what someone may have considered the tribe, it really depended on who was doing the considering. 

The Tan Muark would have laughed at being called a such-and-such tribe.

Since their lands were very close to Tuluk but not part of the "northern tribes" that made up their founding forces/numbers, to them the Tan Muark may have rightly been an "associated" northern clan and had all the hangups of those expectations applied to them.

To the tribes of the tableland they may very well have just been Outsiders like anyone else.  They weren't in the canyons, the scrub or other such lands that traditionally were fought over by the tribes that claimed that place.

To everyone else as you went further and further south, they may have been considered a northern tribe for simply not being in the Vrun Driath region.

This also all could have depended on if you(r)/character knew that the Tan Muark even had territory and where not just a wandering tribe based out of wagons.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: triste on May 12, 2020, 02:03:06 PM

If we don't have the option to give our feedback before a change happens, and are allowed only to give feedback after the fact, it by definition falls into this trope of "Staff went through all this effort to build this, and now you are just criticizing it." Yes, we are only contributing by criticizing, because by definition we are only being allowed to give feedback after the fact.

By definition, Triste and I get on like oil and water. In this, I think we are in total agreement.

We all cannot have played a Muarki, almost none of us have seen any new documentation you've put up, and you have only just announced the openings. We WANT to be a part of this, but since everything was already decided, we can really only criticize and theorize.

Some people are being poop heads. Please understand we're not all poopheads.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I think one major things that needs to be understood here is that Staff are volunteers.

If a staff member wants to do something there is also a chain of command, it has to go up this and then be decided upon.  Then you have to take into account the time and effort that is put into this.  New Docs are written up (internal and external), new building has to be done, recruiting for said role, setting up said role, and then lastly monitoring and maintaining said role.  There is a lot of work and time that is put into this, and then you have to understand the emotional impact.  What if someone dies right away because of something stupid?  Or maybe someone doesn't follow the docs in the way expected, or maybe they don't understand them?

Then you have to deal with the public outcry for your work that you've done that you're so passionate about working on.  You want it to succeed, you want it to be fun for those players that are playing with it, and you want the players around it to have fun also.  This is a labor of love folks, realize that you words are speaking to a real life person that wants to make the best thing ever so people will enjoy it.

Be gentle, be constructive, and just be polite.  We're all here to have fun, and not everyone is going to agree, we're all very passionate about this game.  Text is a horrible medium of conversation, tone and inflection is lost in it's narrative in most cases. 

Thank you staff for opening up something again and trying to do the work that you do.  It is appreciated, I look forward to the next clan to be reopened or the new things to get coded.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

I certainly am not "on board". I make no secret that in the past I hated that clan, I do not think they fit the arm theme at all and it always bugged me that they were called gypsies when they were nothing like any kind of gypsy. Along with certain other things which I will not talk about as I agree with Lizzie on that point.

That being said....I am willing to try and have an open mind on the situation, it looks like staff might have addressed most of the points that made me hate them in the past. If that turns out to be not true...Well...Murder, corruption...oh wait, we only need the first word.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job