Author Topic: Player also known as Razorback  (Read 510 times)

ShaLeah

Player also known as Razorback
« on: May 06, 2020, 11:37:07 PM »
Dear Armageddon Players and Staff,

I am sad to share the news that Billy Boswell, known to our community as razorback, has passed away unexpectedly this morning. His family was just getting through the loss of his mother, this has got to be a gut wrenching blow to them.

Someone has set up a GoFundMe for his final arrangements, if you can donate please do, I know he was the donde bread winner of the family. 

This game lost one of the good ones today.  I loved playing with him.  May he rest in the peace within His Shadow.

Fare thee well, razorback.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/funeral-expenses-for-billy-boswell?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:51:33 PM by ShaLeah »
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Bulma

Re: Player also known as roughneck
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 12:14:00 AM »
This is rough. He was one of the first ones I ever interacted with when I started playing Arm. Was always helpful to a clear noob who couldnít emote to save her life. Itíll be hard not checking in on him and seeing how life is going for him... He will be missed

triste

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 04:29:25 AM »
Was just chatting with him three or so days ago.

He was a great player and staff on another game, this is a terrible loss for so many people.

Thank you Shaleah for sharing this with this community and the gofundme, just chipped in a little. Will be hoping the best for his family.
will do my best to maintain https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/, message me if something there needs an update.

Harmless

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:37:55 AM »
Too soon for him. Please, enjoy every moment of life as much as you can, everyone, but also, be safe, and be kind to each other.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

path

• they fight crime
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 10:44:00 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting us know Shaleah.
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Rathustra

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 12:54:05 PM »
Thank you ShaLeah for bringing this news here. I am stunned and saddened to read it - I just processed a request from him a few days ago and had monitored one of his PCs on the very last day he played.

I would ask anyone who may have logs of their interactions with this player's PCs to please send them in via an original submission request, edited or otherwise. It is really very little in the grand scheme of things - but I would like to collect together this player's excellent RP and memorialize it here on the GDB.

Edit: Turns out that I misidentified which GDB account this user was associated with initially.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:35:54 PM by Rathustra »

roughneck

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 01:10:32 PM »
Just posting to clarify that there's two of us, just in case there was any confusion. I'm not always active, and not networked very well.

My condolences to all that knew and loved GDB twin. I never knew or played with him, but it fucking sucks.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »
Damn.

Much love to you all.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

ignealea

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 05:08:37 PM »
This absolutely breaks my heart. He was not only a play in this amazing game we played, but a good friend to all. He will be missed.
Thank you Shaleah for sharing this.

For clarification his gdb was Razorback.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:10:31 PM by ignealea »

Akariel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 05:38:21 PM »
Razorback was friendly to everyone, and was one of the constants who pinged me in Discord while I was still active. It's painful to hear he's gone, and it's more painful to hear about the loss to his family and those who loved him. He was always an open ear and an open heart; he will be missed.

ShaLeah

Re: Player also known as Razorback
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 05:54:58 PM »
A million apologies for mixing up roughneck with razorback. Edited the post.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.