Author Topic: Asia Players  (Read 272 times)

Gravity

Asia Players
« on: April 06, 2020, 08:54:53 AM »
The game has plenty of US players and probably a healthy EU crowd, but I'm curious how many others also live in Asia?!

Harmless

Re: Asia Players
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 06:51:06 PM »
hm. I'm not in Asia. But I have lived there before, I speak Japanese and I can pretty much assure you that Armageddon hasn't reached that entire demographic at least, I would have probably noticed their activity here on the GDB and I haven't seen any signs! but that's an assumption, that someone could easily post here and correct.  Would that be you? :)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Gravity

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 07:47:52 PM »
Yes, I'm based in Singapore :)

Do you miss living in Asia?

Shaydee

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 01:49:25 PM »
I spent most of my youth in Asia! Singapore and Japan, and they were by far some of my favorite places to live! I left Japan in 2016 and I miss it every. single. day. I lived in Sasebo, Atsugi and Yokosuka! I hope one day my husband and I can go so I can show him all of my favorite things, most of which revolve around food, anime and disney. And the Bilingual Preschool I worked at!! Ugh. One day I'll go back.

Singapore, I was there from 7th-9th grade, but I loved it so much. I had so much freedom, and I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I went to the Singapore zoo, which was my all time favorite thing to there, and the Woodlands Mall - granted I don't know how much has changed! I had clarinet lessons at Woodlands for about two weeks before I lost my clarinet from leaving it in a cab.. We called the company, it was never found. I attended Singapore American School , and that school cafeteria had the best lemon chicken I have ever had in my life. I have never been able to recreate that flavor.

Harmless

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 03:13:04 PM »
Japan is such a beautiful and kind of strange place to live when you're used to American standards. The fact that they are doing so much better than us despite their incrediblely overcrowded cities with handling COVID19 is no surprise to me because everything is so organized and thoughtful. Even though I don't live there I have always tried to internalize their values and use it towards my own life.

I primarily spent time in Osaka and a small town called Shingu where my childhood friend still lives. Tokyo also whenever I flew in and had time to stay a while.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

The Blaze

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 05:08:07 PM »
I was born in Laos before going to boarding school in Singapore then coming to the US on a student visa for college. I live in the US now with my green card, on the road towards citizenship.
This account predates TheBlaze network :)

Shaydee

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 05:20:34 PM »
I was born in Laos before going to boarding school in Singapore then coming to the US on a student visa for college. I live in the US now with my green card, on the road towards citizenship.

Good luck!! My mom was born in Thailand, she went to live with her aunt in Germany, and met my dad in Guam! She became a U.S citizen about ten years ago or so, after many many years of working towards it!

Gravity

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 02:58:15 AM »
My wife and I recently visited Japan, right before all this kicked off, and we had a wonderful time - Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Fuji Five Lakes, and Kawazu (cherry blossom festival!). The people there are so lovely and hospitable. Also THE FOOD. Next level. Excited for our next trip back for sure.

Awesome to see that a few people have spent time in Singapore here, that's fantastic! Singapore is indeed a wonderful country, and we're very lucky to be well looked after by the government here; I'm super impressed with how well they've dealt with the Covid-19 situation.