Clothmaking, Cotton Picking, Weaving

Started by Gentleboy, December 25, 2019, 12:34:48 PM

Hello all,

I can still see on the website that cotton picking was an available job. In Tuluk.

Fabrics are hard to get nowadays and I am wondering if that was always the case.

There was a plot that removed the cotton fields from Tuluk.  Before that, it was easy to pick cotton.  It was a newbie job like digging clay or digging dung.  I don't know if people could do things with cotton.  The NPCs tried to keep you from leaving the fields with the cotton, but it was easy to sneak out.

Quote from: Gentleboy on December 25, 2019, 12:34:48 PM
Hello all,

I can still see on the website that cotton picking was an available job. In Tuluk.

Fabrics are hard to get nowadays and I am wondering if that was always the case.

Fabrics are readily available in Morin's (silk and linen, I think?) and Allanak (linen, sandcloth, and silks). Outside of those, they are not easy to find, and cotton is incredibly rare. The crafts and items exist, but there aren't any fields of cotton to supply budding crafters with them anymore.

Fabrics are easy to get it centers of civilizations. White fabrics are limitless.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.