Post Injury from dirty knvies, etc - Low Grade Poison - Infection

Started by Dracul, December 16, 2019, 08:07:02 AM

Get cut up with dirty knives in the rinth, break your face in the sewer, or get real nasty bite from a sick animal...then sleep it off and get back to it?

Suggesting something that is less deadly than bloodburn, IE causes damage slower than the regen rate, so something you can rest off/try to sleep through (unless the damage wakes you) and not something that would finish you off, or something that needs a coded fix to save you, but would occasionally be a small problem, and a coded nudge to reinforce the rp of healing or suffering post injury.

Cons, I would hate to see it crippled gameplay for hours afterwards...kinda like a skellebain poisoning on a newbie (subnote, for a different derail) that lasts RL hours.

Thoughts?
Veteran Newbie

I could get behind it given the new wound code, for deep wounds that are left untreated. I'd probably prefer a debuff or slower regen rate to direct damage, and it should be able to be slept off or removed over time. Maybe direct damage is more realistic, but I think things should be kept playable. Especially considering that some people play in low player areas or offpeak and might not have access to a pc bandager to deal with it, even I'd they'd realistically have access to NPCs.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

As far as I've been able to tell, you recover from BIG hits a lot slower than you do small ones.

So if you get nicked down to 60%, you will regen faster than if you took a huge 40pt swing to the neck.

I would be worried about the playability of the game if taken to more extremes. Sparring accident, and you slept it off, but you're in the Byn and it has plenty of medics there? That's realistic. They are probably helping patch you up.

Get backstabbed in the 'rinth and you're at 15hp, so you go sleep it off in a shadowy corner? Yeah I guess make that regen slower, the risk being you'll be hunted and found asleep somewhere? I wouldn't want to sit for 2 RL hours waiting "for my stats to come back". That seems like a waste of my time.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I just chalk up no infections in game to Zalanthans being generally more hardy than earthfolk, which the documents support.

I'd rather not have this.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.