In character alternative to GDB?

Started by triste, December 03, 2019, 01:40:06 AM

I've heard several players (including new players and veteran players) complain that they have been treated differently in game after having to post on a clan related GDB board. I was skeptical that such a bias exists, but now I think we have enough people who have experienced this to reasonably say that such bias (against players IG after finding out their GDB handle) possibly / probably exists.

The mere possibility of such bias is antithetical to the RP environment we try to create in Arm. The current solution is to make alt GDB accounts but this puts a burden on Imms who have to approve these accounts.

Have staff considered building better IG communication tools to replace the requirement of joining GDB boards? If not, have staff considered a means of better automating the approval of alt accounts per character, such as providing a validation code per new character such that per character GDB accounts don't always have to be manually reviewed and approved?

Players can't reply to Ask the Staff posts but many players (either affected by GDB metagaming or affected by long wait times for GDB account approval) have already attested that current use of the GDB for IC communication is not ideal and we can improve here.

Thank in advance for feedback!
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

You are not mandated to join a clan's GDB forum, and should you decide you want to, you are not mandated to post in it ever.

If there is a specific instance of an issue, please place a complaint through the request tool so we can look into it. Otherwise we do not have enough information to act on anything. While we try and keep our eyes open for issues as they arise we are also handling multiple hundreds of accounts and do not always catch everything.

If you would like to create an alt account for the GDB and our standard process for approving accounts is moving too slow, feel free to place a simple request letting us know. We can generally approve them pretty fast if we know what to look for.