Author Topic: all PVP is surprise attacks. Not lame, but what do we do?  (Read 13923 times)

Zexalt

Re: all PVP is surprise attacks. Not lame, but what do we do?
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2020, 04:19:34 AM »
OOC knowledge of an infallible mercy command should have no bearing on IC actions.
should versus would

Hauwke

« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2020, 04:54:35 AM »
OOC knowledge of an infallible mercy command should have no bearing on IC actions.
should versus would

The thing is though, if you knew 100% that mercy on would save a PC from dying, or that mercy on being defaulted to every so often so that you 100% could not genuinly accidentally kill someone. There would be suspicion, regardless of code. People are fallible and log out the second sparring time ends, they log out once they get their fails and then they wait 5 hours until the end of the day and do it again.

And then they complain if they get killed because their total 8 hours of effort to get a badass results in nothing.

X-D

« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2020, 07:01:51 PM »
See now, that is the thing.  I want mercy to be perfect but I also want the chance that it is not.

As far as I can see this returns us to another suggestion that comes up year in and year out. And that is the "death period". In other words, Your PC is past -10, They will die, nothing at all will save them but you have X time to get in that last couple emotes, thinks, feels...hell, I don't have an issue with them being awake and get those last couple says in...long as they have not been moved to -stun.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

NinjaFruitSalad

« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2020, 07:42:21 PM »
Is that so that some of us will be able to shout, "No! This cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!"

;D

X-D

« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2020, 09:13:36 PM »
Hopefully.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job