Author Topic: HELP needed for advertising  (Read 311 times)

ShaLeah

HELP needed for advertising
« on: November 01, 2019, 02:39:33 PM »
HELP ME, oh masters of creativity!

Looking for an interesting gadget to advertise my boss' environmental company so we can give it away at a convention.

I want something that people will actually use on a regular basis that's NOT a cup, hat, tshirt, pen or key chain.

Any ideas?!?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Gentleboy

Re: HELP needed for advertising
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 03:25:28 PM »
Okay, weird example but here I go.

My boss buys a huge thing of dog treats. She then takes a handful and puts them in a plastic bag with our logo on it. Customers love it- they think she makes it.

Uh- so- jellybeans or something like that?

lordcooper

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 03:55:43 PM »
Reusable straw, scissors, swiss army knife, comb/brush, ball of choice, mouse mat, condom, teaspoon, reusable bottle/thermos, ice cube tray thingy, socks, baking tray, bookmark.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 04:04:24 PM »
Bottle opener.

Hauwke

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 05:04:07 PM »
Bottle opener.

This, I lose them so often and it is always a pain to find them. If you have any say on what kind, make them fairly large.

WarriorPoet

We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Lizzie

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 05:27:31 PM »
Post-it notes pads (who doesn't need post-it notes!) made out of 100% recycled paper and environmentally-friendly ink.  Re-useable or even washable small tote-bags (big enough to carry just a sandwich and coffee money, for example, with ribbon handles)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Dracul

• FB
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 02:55:35 PM »
Something that people -actually- use is the best because it keeps that object and the branding in front of them...but really, it's uniqueness is trivial compared to the overall crowd gathering skills of the team at the booth, and you overall footprint's attraction, being exciting, fun, etc.

And of course, having a quality lead generation system that captures the information of people that engage you.

It's one small part of many that can aid the success of an event.

Curious which direction your team is going with that.
Veteran Newbie

Kyviantre

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
I've done the dog treat thing, but then again, it is a pet care company, and I was sponsoring dog shows!  A combination baggy of good high quality treats, but that is a) not cheap, and b) takes time to sort out, and c) not so great for non-pet companies.

Things I've kept from conventions/conferences:
Tote bags (not the cheap cotton ones, the heavy duty flat-bottom ones - I have three different versions, two from dog food manufacturers and one from the Cinnamon Trust, I use them for grocery shopping :) )
USB sticks (my housemate gets them from engineering conferences, branded and as long as they aren't stupid-small, they are always useful)
Pens (or maybe it is just me that collects animal-charity/animal-food brand pens...!  But the Metro bank biros I've got from their goody bags when they sponsor Crufts, etc, are amazing, I use them for basically everything!)

I do remember a MUD game meet-up once, years ago, where one person worked for Trojan, so brought a -lot- of condoms with them (for lols), and one guy filled his suitcase (also for lols...until airport security stopped him and asked wtf?!  ;D).

As an eco-company, obviously avoid plastics (as a given), but you can get some clever cardboard USB sticks, and reusable totes are good (although I'd personally avoid the small ones, since they are just going to end up getting tossed the moment people get home...not environmentally friendly at all, you may as well use plastic!).

Depending on where you are, if it is somewhere hot, what about those little hand fans?  You can get ones where there is a trigger (like the ray guns kids have) that you move that powers the rotation, rather than batteries.  Good for the pro-eco message?
Previous of note: Kyviantre, Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Kaona, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer the Guilder/Kadian, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide'
Current: Like I'd tell you..

Bushranger

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 01:21:57 AM »
Dog poop bags. People use them all the time!
Quote from: Morgenes
Ya..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.
Quote from: Eukelade
Now I'm starving -1 karma Bushranger -1 karma.
Quote from: Shalooonsh
Kudos to you bushranger for confusing staff.

Nao

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 06:48:44 AM »
Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Keychain-Multi-Tool-Mini-Tool-Stainless-Blasting/dp/B07785P45T/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=keychain+multitool&qid=1578051544&sr=8-18

It goes on your keyring and serves as a bottle opener and emergency screwdriver (and a bunch of different things that nobody will ever use). There are a bunch of different variants and I'm sure you can find one with a better price, especially if you buy in bulk.

I don't recommend the gerber shard. I had one of those on my keyring but it's not flat, but it didn't fit between my other keys and make my keyring weirdly bulky. It also got stuck in my pockets. Now I have a flat one without these issues.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Akaramu

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 12:52:28 PM »
My company recently produced 3000 flyswatters as client gifts. They were quite popular  ;D

Personally, I consider the post-it notes mentioned above the best idea, though.