Morin's Village

Started by The Great Corn, October 27, 2019, 01:11:52 PM

Just drop a volcano on it and be done with it.

December 25, 2019, 02:38:24 PM #51 Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 02:45:14 PM by Dresan
Quote from: Delirium on December 25, 2019, 10:31:50 AM
*waves a tiny "either bring back or take over Tuluk but please quit letting it languish in limbo" flag*

We cannot have Tuluk back in the way it used to be, the city is now outdated compared to many other places. There is no comparing tuluk to allanak after years of upgrades, with rinth, redstorm and rooftop just to name a couple things which are accessible by choosing allanak. Not to mention all the problems Tuluk had within the city, with some of its themes and templars.

We certainly need the culture, the plots and the threat that came from Tuluki PCs. I would love to be a shadow artist working in allanak, reporting to the nobility in luirs. But an entire city, who's shops and goods have already been integrated into other locations, and that duplicating jobs found in other location to make it function. No.

Again as someone who loved Tuluk, who only played there until about the very end, it was a wonderful place for its time. Unfortunately if you opened the city back up, it would feel completed lackluster compared to any other location.

Like some have said.  I would be fine with just destroying Tuluk.  It's the limbo that annoys me.  Give us ruins, or just a strange empty city filled with deadly critters.  Even some strange magick that harms anybody who enters.   Give us a mystery to unravel, a foe to hate, or even a giant hole in the ground that will never be understood.   Fill the void with anything.

I would vote for magick crater of doom with bonus if it spews out spooky NPC's and stuff from time to time, and maybe even throw some cool forage in there, or like.. you know whacky gicker shit. Something bad happens and some of us get horribly abominated by magickal-nuclear fallout when Tuluk explodes into hate filled shards of ethereal glass or something. Lets do it. I'm down.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

Crater of magick doom and or spillage of nasties that are problematic...something. I'm a fan of this general direction.
Veteran Newbie

Staff regulate the amount of players for most clans already, just allow some for a 'Tuluki' clan to do one thing or another.
The city doesn't have to be fully reopened for that.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

I think we would have more luck suggesting things that do not involve having staff assigned to oversee anything called "north" or "Tuluk".

Quote from: Alesan on December 28, 2019, 09:41:38 AM
I think we would have more luck suggesting things that do not involve having staff assigned to oversee anything called "north" or "Tuluk".
+1

You know, assuming staff is pretty set in their plan to not bring back Tuluk, it's a perfect place to create a "dungeon", D&D style. Tuluk finally dies IG, and in the ruins are untold treasure, and untold horror. Don't bother making it "beatable", make it explorable with a high risk of death, and make it profitable. Make it tell a story in room descriptions, old writing, old treasure. Create new NPCs that are incredibly unlikely to be beaten, that are cleverly scripted, and tell their own story. Give it a staff-played "boss" that keeps it from being over-run, like some of the bosses we saw during the Echri storyline.

Zalanthas doesn't have a dungeon. Why not allow Tuluk to do one last, great thing, and give Zalanthas its dungeon?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

February 13, 2020, 07:05:23 AM #59 Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 07:07:18 AM by MatisseOrOtherwise
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on February 13, 2020, 04:31:47 AM
You know, assuming staff is pretty set in their plan to not bring back Tuluk, it's a perfect place to create a "dungeon", D&D style. Tuluk finally dies IG, and in the ruins are untold treasure, and untold horror. Don't bother making it "beatable", make it explorable with a high risk of death, and make it profitable. Make it tell a story in room descriptions, old writing, old treasure. Create new NPCs that are incredibly unlikely to be beaten, that are cleverly scripted, and tell their own story. Give it a staff-played "boss" that keeps it from being over-run, like some of the bosses we saw during the Echri storyline.

Zalanthas doesn't have a dungeon. Why not allow Tuluk to do one last, great thing, and give Zalanthas its dungeon?

Y'know... This'd actually be super fucking neat.

Addendum: The BBEG dungeon boss is just Muk Utep, also good fucking luck killing him with anyone except like, 40 kitted out PCs all logged in at once doing their best.

To make up for the lack of Tuluk coming back in full, we should expand Luir's a shit ton, make it less of an outpost and more of a town. Not Allanak levels (city), but definitely with its own culture, music, regular pitfights, etc etc etc.
Lizard time.

Not all who wander are lost
-Gandalf the Grey-
Quote from: Lizzie on November 09, 2018, 12:42:11 PM

But - would like to see random bits of brain matter among the pools of blood. That'd be cool.