Morin's Village

Started by The Great Corn, October 27, 2019, 01:11:52 PM

So, I know Tuluk is probably never coming back, sucks I know. But, I was wondering why nothing seems to ever happen with Morin's? In the help file it talks about how its a Kadian town, how the falcons are there, and there's a growing presence of Sun-Legion.. So why not do that? Think it would be pretty fuckin' cool to play as a legionnaire in a 'frontier' town like that, and the falcons always seemed cool. Just wondering what you guys thought about it.

I played a character there recently, and I had these issues:

No player apartments, so I couldn't store my items.
No warehouse*, so I couldn't start a player-created clan.
No place to 'practice fighting'

Once there's some sort of player housing / clan housing, more people could come play, IMO.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I don't see this ever happening unfortuntately, as the staff seem predominately interested in only managing southern (Luirs and southward) areas of the game for the forseeable future. I think the closest I can recall to any kind of word about the north is when there were vague plans to release information about Tuluk after a number of months. Everything north of Luirs seems intentionally left to its own devices.

Please just bring Tuluk back instead of putting work into the Outposts.  :l

It's an unusual design decision, that Luirs has such limited housing, Morins has no housing, but both have banks.

Red Storm has an incredible amount of housing for it's relative size, yet not bank, despite a full spread of GMH presence.

Allanak has the most housing, yet a full half of it is relegated to gemmed/specific clans, of which the latter, already has its own private and secured storage, and are more often than not empty.

All it takes for regular PC activity to develop, is private space (apartments), storage (bank, apartment) and opportunity. Only Allanak and Luirs check all these boxes, despite steady interest in RS and Morins for 'fringe' interests.

Luirs really, really needs more pc housing, too.
"Mortals do drown so."

Morins is the new Red Storm for those who don't fancy Allanak!

Tuluk will return.

Keep working the numbers. You can all make it happen.

Then we can have Allanak back and we can come take them over so they can start acting properly.

#bringbacktherighttuluk
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Why not help?

#bringbacktheshaleah
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on October 29, 2019, 04:47:31 PM
Why not help?

#bringbacktheshaleah

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Bebop on October 27, 2019, 04:21:13 PM

Please don't bring Tuluk back until its theme is different enough to be worth all the time of it being shut down.
Peering into the darkness, your voice uncertain, you say, in sirihish:
     "You be wary, you lot. It ain' I who's locked 'p here with yeh. it's the whol
e bunch of youse that's locked down here with meh."

Quote from: SmashedTregil on November 01, 2019, 04:08:38 PM

Please don't bring Tuluk back until its theme is different enough to be worth all the time of it being shut down.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on November 01, 2019, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: SmashedTregil on November 01, 2019, 04:08:38 PM

No. It doesn't need to be different. It needs to be the same.

This disagreement isn't meant to start a debate. Tuluk was NEVER the problem. Nor was its culture. The problem was players not enforcing its brutality, not using its control effectively. The 'happy hippy tree hugging north' illusion was not meant to be a reality. That's what it was. It was supposed to be a living nightmare. Constant petrifying fear behind a mask of beautiful tranquility.  The longevity of the characters showed us how it wasn't.

We need a bigger playerbase to warrant its opening. 

[/quote]
We need a bigger playerbase to warrant its opening. 
[/quote]

I been playing a lot lately and it is still difficult at times to find interaction. Just bring back undertuluk and leave aboveground ruins with lots of places to find artifacts so folks can fight over the turf.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

#CloseMorins #MoreInteractionAndPcsInTheBigThree
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

#destroy allanak!
Peering into the darkness, your voice uncertain, you say, in sirihish:
     "You be wary, you lot. It ain' I who's locked 'p here with yeh. it's the whol
e bunch of youse that's locked down here with meh."

Quote from: Krath on November 02, 2019, 10:56:50 AM
#CloseMorins #MoreInteractionAndPcsInTheBigThree
#preach

Quote from: SmashedTregil on November 02, 2019, 01:42:05 PM
#destroy allanak!

I see what you did there and applaud you.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Close Morin's or re-open Tuluk. One or the other. The current situation is a net negative to the game.

Morins is boring and pretty much worthless aside from lumberjacking and long ass lived PCs hiding there.
Close it and bring back tuluk, good idea but there wouldn't be much difference as not allot of people go there to begin with, so tuluk would just be a larger replacement for morins. So we need more players first off for it to make a difference.
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

Quote from: Thomoto on November 11, 2019, 12:55:33 AM
Morins is boring and pretty much worthless aside from lumberjacking and long ass lived PCs hiding there.
Close it and bring back tuluk, good idea but there wouldn't be much difference as not allot of people go there to begin with, so tuluk would just be a larger replacement for morins. So we need more players first off for it to make a difference.
If Tuluk was announced to return, I imagine at least a dozen or more players would return. Seeing as that they left because it closed.

Tuluk is an entirely separate beast to Morins, it is a city. It has taverns, It has slums, it has stores and it has  bank and it has a set cultural expectancy.

I just never gelled with it when I was younger and it was open, but if it were, I would certainly give it a go.

Personally I think we're more likely to see Allanak become the only playable settlement than anything else. The north is not supported by the staff at all. When you see a list for which staff heads which area of the game, the word "north" is not present.

Which kind of sucks for those social players who need to get away from the "same old people" of the south when they make a new character.

Don't we have the Outpost? Couldn't we call the "north"? I'm not trying to snarky here.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on November 11, 2019, 11:46:41 AM
Don't we have the Outpost? Couldn't we call the "north"? I'm not trying to snarky here.

You certainly could, if you wanted to.

I quite like Morin's and would be sad if it were to close.  It's a place that isn't Allanak.  It's a place that isn't Luir's (Allanak Lite IMO because everybody there seems to know everything that's going on in 'nak). 

I had a 38 days played character who was mainly based out of Morin's so I saw a lot of ups and downs there in that time.  During the up times it felt like a community with shared perspectives and concerns and, at times, even had factions within those who frequented the fire there.  I'd agree that staff don't seem to give it much love but that's okay, it doesn't really need much.  One thing, however, that used to annoy me was the rumour board there.  Boards are a great way to engender a sense of community and give a local flavour but instead of fostering that, staff often deleted posts.

Some apartments there would be nice but I'd settle for storage lockers.  It's damn hard for hunters and crafters to carry all their stuff around all the time.

Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Quote from: Hauwke on November 11, 2019, 02:45:22 AM
If Tuluk was announced to return, I imagine at least a dozen or more players would return. Seeing as that they left because it closed.

I was going to say the same thing. Alot of oldies I use to see around, stopped playing when Tuluk closed.
I understand the reasoning behind it closing, push everyone to play in one place down in Nak.. But many people loved playing IN Tuluk BECAUSE of Tuluk. It's a different life, a different energy there than it is in Nak. Staff use to tell me off because majority of my toons were played in Tuluk, but, I tried Nak several times and couldn't get on with it, I still do not like it really, but, it's the only main placement left.
I have always been pro bring Tuluk back, but, it is never going to happen until more players start playing, and, that isn't going to happen very easily because with technology as it is, everyone is more about console and pc games than roleplay games.
Thus, I would imagine, Tuluk will never return. The 'North' in general is flopping in a bad way anyways, barely any staff input, the main running 'The Garrison' is clinging on for dear life, when wr all knows its been a failure since the start, so, I've been waiting for the game world to shrink again to push those clinging on to up north, to be shoved down south.
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."