The Apothecary - My idea for a field medic/herblore based character guild

Started by Bebop, October 11, 2019, 03:04:12 AM

Quote from: Silksquad on October 12, 2019, 03:58:51 PM
Quote from: Shalooonsh on October 12, 2019, 03:37:57 PM
Quote from: Silksquad on October 12, 2019, 03:29:25 PM
Soap and candles are under brew, yes. Hair-dyes and kohl, in theory, are dyeing and both require special programs attached to the objects, each being individualized for said object in terms of color and action. Whilst is it is entirely possible to custom craft a glob of dye to wear in the hair, I would prefer more advanced cosmetics such as presently available and craftable hair-dye-pots remain a trade secret to their required clan.

I understand this is your preference, but it isn't a trade secret.  Several cultures have had dyed hair in game for RL decades, and that isn't going to be changing.  If anyone from an indie or tribal group wants to make a pot to put hair dye in, they are free to do so.

Per my quote, this is precisely why I said to their required clan, not to a specific clan.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Please try and keep on topic and kind to one another or this thread will be locked.

SO getting back on topic.

My thought behind this was to have a city-based, support role that can do something a little different from the typical craft and sneak.  Like you can still get your hands dirty in the field, serve a valuable purpose as a healing focused character and such with a little non-lethal combat skills.  I have often wanted to play a medic but I at present, I don't see it possible to have good crafting/custom crafting for brew and cook, have skills like rescue and some combat ability and focus on herblore.  A combo like this would be really fun.

Stalkers do not get city listening.  They do not get rescue, guard or subdue.  They do not get custom crafting abilities.

This role is meant more of city based, merchant type than a combat type.  Just a crafter with slightly more combat relevancy.

I like the idea. It'd be nice to have support roles that aren't centric around crafting or skullduggery, particularly for Aides. Both to provide utility and also just something different to pursue besides one or the other path. I like the thought process -- It could use tweaking but what good idea doesn't.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

While I'm not 100% down with the idea I do like the idea of a class that is 'I'm stuck in the city' and 'I can do stuff other than craft'. This seems to hit that.