Finding info on magick subclasses

Started by Medena, September 30, 2019, 01:23:27 AM

Is it just me or is it often challenging to find information on the website on the magicker subclasses?  In particular, it is very difficult to find info on the Nilazi and Drovian options.

I'd like to see a more obvious, straightforward link to the magicker options from the main page about subclasses like the one that takes you to extended subclasses.  Currently where there is a link to the ESG's, there is also a link to many magical things most of which don't have anything to do with subclasses.  If you do luck out and pick the right one, you will find links to just the Viv, Ruk, Whiran and Krathi options.

What I'd like to see is a one-stop shop linking to all Magickal Subclass options, including Viv, Ruk, Whiran, Krathi, touched, Drovian and Nilazi.

Any opinions?  Comments?

Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

You're not wrong.  I think I mentioned this last time there was a staff-prompted discussion about helpfile improvements.

September 30, 2019, 07:44:12 AM #3 Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:49:19 AM by perfecto
Nope.. Forever nope

It's one of the last bastions of sekrits!  No tellin'   >:(

All of the Magic and Lore of this game is ripe for the picking, just as soon as you get there.. IC!

edit to add ~ please remove all helpfiles on magic based anythings, and sandwiches, they are clearly a product of the Gickers
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on September 30, 2019, 07:44:12 AM
Nope.. Forever nope

It's one of the last bastions of sekrits!  No tellin'   >:(

All of the Magic and Lore of this game is ripe for the picking, just as soon as you get there.. IC!

edit to add ~ please remove all helpfiles on magic based anythings, and sandwiches, they are clearly a product of the Gickers

Forever unhelpful, actually, and off the point.

I don't believe the request is "I want to know what spells this class gets".

It seems more that we know there are Touched and split-elementalist classes out there. You can look up "help vivaduan" or whatever and see the splits, get the helpfiles, etc. Unfortunately, the nilazi and drovians that were recently added, are not as easy to find in the helpfiles.

Often, even if you do find something, it leads you to the old "guild_drovian" or something that doesn't tell you the splits or the info behind them.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Helpfiles are generally a representation of the things "everyone" knows, or information that is commonly available among the populace of the area that is relevant to the subject matter. Even if there was no actual concrete, detailed information available, there should be something there to read. Even if it is just rumour-like information that isn't necessarily true. Saying there shouldn't be any helpfiles at all related to magick in the game is absurd.

Pretty sure they were being sarcastic m8.

Quote from: Inks on September 30, 2019, 11:28:07 AM
Pretty sure they were being sarcastic m8.

Are you? The entire post has a tone that makes me believe otherwise. Only the poster knows the intent of his post, though.

September 30, 2019, 11:57:31 AM #8 Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 11:59:24 AM by ScramblesForPurchase
Edit: the navigation is confusing I agree with op it should be easier to find.

Let me know which links would be helpful.

Quote from: Brokkr on September 30, 2019, 12:03:05 PM

help elementalist - Only displays whiran, rukkian, vivaduan, and krathi
Should include Nilazi and Drovian, so players know to check 'help nilazi' or 'help drovians' (drovians being odd, because it is the plural and the others are not)

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on September 30, 2019, 12:09:48 PM

Should include Nilazi and Drovian, so players know to check 'help nilazi' or 'help drovians' (drovians being odd, because it is the plural and the others are not)

Yeah, would be nice if Nilazi and Drovian were linked here: https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Elementalists
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

At the very least:
*"Elementalist" and "Elemental magick" should be combined.
*"Elementalist" needs Drovian and Nilazi added.

Quote from: Heade on September 30, 2019, 12:56:49 PM

Yeah, would be nice if Nilazi and Drovian were linked here: https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Elementalists

Done

Quote from: Marauder Moe on September 30, 2019, 01:47:22 PM
At the very least:
*"Elementalist" and "Elemental magick" should be combined.
*"Elementalist" needs Drovian and Nilazi added.

Elementalist and Elemental Culture added as links to Elemental Magick.

Quote from: Medena on September 30, 2019, 01:23:27 AM
Is it just me or is it often challenging to find information on the website on the magicker subclasses?  In particular, it is very difficult to find info on the Nilazi and Drovian options.

I'd like to see a more obvious, straightforward link to the magicker options from the main page about subclasses like the one that takes you to extended subclasses.  Currently where there is a link to the ESG's, there is also a link to many magical things most of which don't have anything to do with subclasses.  If you do luck out and pick the right one, you will find links to just the Viv, Ruk, Whiran and Krathi options.

What I'd like to see is a one-stop shop linking to all Magickal Subclass options, including Viv, Ruk, Whiran, Krathi, touched, Drovian and Nilazi.

Any opinions?  Comments?

Characters>Subclasses has links to both Elementalists and Sorcerers.  With drovians and nilazi added to Elementalists, those two options now have links to all the available subclasses for their types of magick.

Hey Brokkr,

http://armageddon.org/help/view/Karma%20Options could use some work.

Is it possible to copy the outline I have here:
https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,34069.msg1030833.html#msg1030833

With:

# karma:
Race:
Subclass:
- Magick Subclass:
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Brokkr on September 30, 2019, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: Heade on September 30, 2019, 12:56:49 PM

Done

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!  ;D
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Mansa, I can't really do your format because our tool has embedded formatting.

Thanks so much Brokkr!  Never again will I have trouble finding it.   :)
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.