Diku Alias Functionality

Started by roughneck, September 26, 2019, 06:16:14 AM

Hey gang, so I like to use the mud supported aliases. They are super helpful because I play from different computers with different clients, hell, sometimes I even play from my phone.

Very recently, I've been getting the message 'action not supported' whenever I try to use the alias command in any way. The odd thing is the aliases I had previously set up are still working, I just can't see the list of aliases, or set up new aliases, or delete current aliases.

Is this my problem? Or is it Ginka's problem? What sacrifice do I need to make? Is there a sin I have not atoned for? Does Ginka think I cheated and now she's holding out on me?

Throwing this out there before I bug it, because it may be something on my end I'm ignorant to! Maybe I changed a setting without realizing. Thank y'all.

If you have an alias set in game and the same alias in your client, but tagged to different commands, that could happen. I think it attempts to use the client alias first.
Not all who wander are lost
-Gandalf the Grey-
Quote from: Lizzie on November 09, 2018, 12:42:11 PM

But - would like to see random bits of brain matter among the pools of blood. That'd be cool.

I'm using different clients on different computers, just the game alias is causing an issue...

Even typing 'alias' to get a list of game aliases is not currently working.

Anyone else having the same issue?

It would depend on which clients, it may be that "alias" on one client is an actual internal command, conflicting with Arm's Alias system.

Which might explain why "Action Not Supported" is displaying, since I don't think I've seen that from Arm before. It sounds client-specific, saying you can't type "Alias <shortcut> <action>" because that's not how the CLIENT handles aliases.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Tried the flash client on the website, mudlet at home, and the modportal web-based client.

All same 'action not supported' thing. Hrm.

alias
Your aliases
------------
ass             assess -v
ch              change hands
cl              change language
------------
alias ass assess -v
Redefining alias...

Sorry, I can't help. Mine seem to be working just fine.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

So, I had 'alias' set as one of my aliases... must have typed it twice.

It really confused Ginka.

Fuuuuck me tender. I astound me.