Why backstab when you have Sap?

Started by Thomoto, September 07, 2019, 02:09:12 PM

So both have their perks, though while I believe backstab can do loads of damage but at the chance
WHo you backstabbed lives and is trained enough to take you out. Sap on the other hand doesn't do as much damage BUT will knkck the person out if done right, wouldn't that be ideal to kill or rob someone to knock them out and steal and or keep attacking them?
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

http://armageddon.org/help/view/Backstab

Also

You can't poison people with sap.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Depends on you want the end result to be?

Backstab, if done right, ends with a corpse.
Sap, if done right, ends with an alive, completely helpless, pliable victim.

I know which one I would have more fun with, all things being equal.

Max backstab is just a nice thing to have so you know you can kill anyone if need be. But sap is a lot more fun. That said, I've had really lame deaths where it was just sap/mercy off/kill with no emotes. So neither is a guarantee for a fun death.

Max stab should rarely be used since it's so punishing imo. Just a nice cushion.
Free your hate.

Backstab is a skill I've never used unless I knew the target bitffday absolutely had to die. Otherwise,  sap seems far better for mugger and raider types who just want your shit and not your life.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Quote from: Nile on September 18, 2019, 04:30:09 AM
Max backstab is just a nice thing to have so you know you can kill anyone if need be. But sap is a lot more fun. That said, I've had really lame deaths where it was just sap/mercy off/kill with no emotes. So neither is a guarantee for a fun death.

Max stab should rarely be used since it's so punishing imo. Just a nice cushion.

The gap between max and advanced bs/sap is so massive that advanced is rarely worth using over regular 'kill'. It needs to destroy whoever's on the receiving end you're stunned for like 10 seconds after doing it.

Really wish the skill was rebalanced so it's worth using as guilds other than enforcer or infiltrator.

Quote from: Lutagar on September 18, 2019, 10:27:53 AM
Quote from: Nile on September 18, 2019, 04:30:09 AM

The gap between max and advanced bs/sap is so massive that advanced is rarely worth using over regular 'kill'. It needs to destroy whoever's on the receiving end you're stunned for like 10 seconds after doing it.

Really wish the skill was rebalanced so it's worth using as guilds other than enforcer or infiltrator.

Burst damage, + poison, plus other factors in a planned kill, and while advanced might not be a one-hit kill, its certainly enough to send MOST people running away or into a frenzy.

On topic: Sap used to (usually) come from backstab, because people felt it was "easier" to drain someone's stun, than their HP, and once they were knocked out, the kill was easier. Supposing it IS true that Sap knocks people out easier, and faster, than backstab kills, what it does is leaves you in the ultimate power position.

Backstab is great for that burst DPS, Sap is great for "leaving them alive for other things"
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.