Author Topic: Babies and booze (and spice)  (Read 1166 times)

Magnate

Re: Babies and booze (and spice)
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2019, 02:38:39 PM »
Exactly. Everyone knows that stillborn children happen due to proximity to gemmers. You're actually telling us that booze is bad for my kid? Vennant, get that dipshit out of here, he's chasing away your customers.

Nameless Face

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2019, 05:54:24 PM »
"Its booze and spice that got me in this condition,
Its booze and spice that's gonna get me through it."

Merchant Isireena, House Kurac

Marauder Moe

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 11:19:46 PM »
Much as it makes me ill when PCs drink while pregnant, I can't really escape the fact that the taboo against it is distinctly modern (as in, 20th century).

The earliest reference I could find to alcohol being harmful to fetuses at all only goes back to the 1700's, when apparently lifting a tax on gin caused a huge surge in drinking among women and then a noticeable increase in birth defects.

Given the primitive state of Zalanthan medicine, the high levels of superstitions, and the fact that there are things that cause much more dramatic birth defects than alcohol, I suspect most Zalanthan societies do not consider drinking during pregnancy to be harmful.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 11:24:22 PM by Marauder Moe »

Inks

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »
I totally have seen a heavily pregnant tribal get greviously gored by a carru in the stomach and not even rp it. It is hard to tell what is complaintable some times. One thing is for certain, Zalanthas needs more crack babies. Be the change people.
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

Hauwke

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2019, 05:10:14 PM »
Someone put a baby in me, quick!