Mainlining spice

Started by MeTekillot, August 30, 2019, 02:17:18 PM

August 30, 2019, 02:17:18 PM Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 02:19:34 PM by MeTekillot
A new way to ingest spice. Requires you to wield a piercing or slashing weapon and hold the spice. You open a wound (5 to 10hp loss) and rub the spice inside the wound. Would give you 3x the effects of the dose than if smoked or snorted. Cannot use if you're under 80% hp ("Your survival instinct overwhelms your will to harm yourself deliberately." if you try)

Though on the last condition, maybe you could just mainline it without a weapon if you're under 80% hp.

I think this would be used by 2 players at most, and then forgotten about.

I think there should be a threshold for new features :
* Consistent usage by the playerbase, now and into the future
* Uniqueness to the feature
* Common function that most people do in real life, so we don't need to teach players "this is how you wash your dishes using sand and sweat, type sweat dishes to make clean dishes" or something similar that most people could never guess to do.

Just stick to snorting it
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I had a spicehead pc that roleplayed doing this. I like the idea even if it was seldom used. Good one.

I think that if the effect was really 3x normal, you'd see more people use it if implemented simply due to super boosts it gives.

That said, I don't think the super boosts are necessary, and without them, I think you're right that use would be low. Because it'd be all downside with no mechanical upside. It'd be purely an RP thing that made you lose HP.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.