Armageddon Dream Journal

Started by ShaLeah, August 25, 2019, 09:30:37 AM

The past 2 nights I've dreamt about Armageddon and started wondering what everyone elses have been about.

Last night's dream was my character hiding in a chest while templars discussed assassinating a noble.

The dream the night before was my character running through the streets of Nak away from someone/z chasing it.

Both of them scared me awake.

What are some of the dreams you've had about Arm?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

The other night I had a fusion Minecraft/Armageddon dream, where the volcano in Tyn Dashra was exploding and spewing lava but there was this massive chasm between me and the ocean and I couldn't put down the dirt blocks fast enough.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I had a dream where the staff decided to implement 'sid storms (kind of like rainstorms but instead of rain, obsidian shards/splinters) that would kill anyone out in them fairly quickly. The death count was astounding and much rage was had over the forums and discord. In game, characters clustered in crumbling shelters, furiously trying to fix the damage before the next storm. It was cool.

I had a dream once where I was in arm... Basically something happens on caravan road and this big fight busts out with someone freaking out and somewhere along the line I die and appear in a tavern with some dude. It was sweet and I remember waking up and pulling out my phone to log on to see if my char was still alive.
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

Quote from: Aesuna on August 26, 2019, 02:34:56 PM
I had a dream where the staff decided to implement 'sid storms (kind of like rainstorms but instead of rain, obsidian shards/splinters) that would kill anyone out in them fairly quickly. The death count was astounding and much rage was had over the forums and discord. In game, characters clustered in crumbling shelters, furiously trying to fix the damage before the next storm. It was cool.
That would be cool. There needs to be more stuff that will just straight up kill your ass besides falls and deadly critters.

Strangely, I never dreamed about Armageddon. I even dreamed about stupid video games I played for 1/1000th of my mudding time. Probably because I never truly got into the game deep enough to have visual memories.

Quote from: Aesuna on August 26, 2019, 02:34:56 PM

Didn't that sort of happen?
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Yeah, there were these salt storms at one point. They were super awesome.

Quote from: Hauwke on September 03, 2019, 01:57:26 AM
It wrecked everyones gear and killed a few people.  It was kind of a whoopsie, but if there was warning and people knew about it, it could be fun to have to run from the salt storm.  I have had Armageddon dreams.  I actually get a lot of anxiety for my characters.  I try to play them how I think they would react and its counter intuitive at times.  Those moments often trigger weird dreams.  My lastt decently long lived character was really awkward for me at times and I dreamed about him a lot.   He did things that I never do IRL and it made me really anxious ooc.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on September 03, 2019, 02:08:47 AM
Quote from: Hauwke on September 03, 2019, 01:57:26 AM
It wrecked everyones gear and killed a few people.  It was kind of a whoopsie, but if there was warning and people knew about it, it could be fun to have to run from the salt storm.  I have had Armageddon dreams.  I actually get a lot of anxiety for my characters.  I try to play them how I think they would react and its counter intuitive at times.  Those moments often trigger weird dreams.  My lastt decently long lived character was really awkward for me at times and I dreamed about him a lot.   He did things that I never do IRL and it made me really anxious ooc.

My favorite character to play, was almost the polar opposite to me. Filthy, a complete asswipe, it was wonderfully fun but also filled me with anxiety. 'Am I making these other players uncomfortable?' 'Do they think it's me being an asshole?' 'Does this description actually match?'

Tons of fun though.

September 03, 2019, 04:36:10 AM #10 Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:40:53 AM by Nao
oops wrong thread
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Last night I dreamt my character found a jar of spice grains she had hidden years earlier and it was dried up. She grabbed a glass pipe and smoked it anyway.

I might be jonesing for some Arm. Lotttta Arm dreams lately.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I always dream I died and then get frustrated because it's one of those too fast to react deaths and I feel cheated. I guess it's the equivalent of a falling dream or something.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

God damnit.  Last night I dreamt that I got accepted into a dual-magick-subguild lottery.  Also, somehow I knew who all the other lottery winners were and we started planning to form a cabal of super-gicks to take over the South Africa.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on September 14, 2019, 01:47:55 PM
God damnit.  Last night I dreamt that I got accepted into a dual-magick-subguild lottery.  Also, somehow I knew who all the other lottery winners were and we started planning to form a cabal of super-gicks to take over the South Africa.

...   We should talk. I found a really good cave near J-burg.

September 15, 2019, 11:02:22 AM #15 Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 07:38:32 PM by Delirium
Happened again.
Aromit and Shalooonsh were having a LARP type real life RPT for Arm players in the woods near Aromit's house. I brought my daughters.  There were BIG wolfhoundy dogs acting like gortoks. The girls were way into it and asked if they could participate and I replied "No, you can't RPT on this one because they're ELVES. See their ears? Spears? Elves are gross. You're human and above them. You can watch them get slaughtered though!"
Both replied a joyous "Ok!" at the same time. I sat them in the arena (bleachers) and went to kill elves.

Last night I  dreamt I pulled into a train station and saw Armaddict dressed in a Saturday Night Fever suit complete with platforms. He was sooooo tall (I'm only 5'2" and used to people being taller) and his hair was long.  He was on his way to a Halloween party. We started talking and then I  woke up.

I hear you Ginka, I'm coming.  Get out of my head though sultry, seductive bitch.

Edited to remove content which was reported to moderators. - Delirium

The most recent one, I got turned into a gicker just out of nowhere, and for no reason. Everyone turned on me, and I was hiding away all the time. But I was also an assassin, apparently, cause I was backstabbing folks at random and then whisking away to far off lands (otherwise known as that other city-state). Muk-Utep invited me for tea, and he looked alot like Tom Cruise for some reason. Anyway, that's it. I woke up wondering if I should stick to mobile games  ;D
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"