Author Topic: Description Madness!  (Read 1394 times)

Shabago

• Administrator
Description Madness!
« on: July 24, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »
My fellow, lovely nerds! I'm looking at another one of them fun projects and I'd love to have your assistance in any fashion you may offer it, when it comes to mdesc for NPCs.

What I'm looking for:

* Standard mdesc rules apply, as in needing to have 4 full lines worth - eye color, hair color, body shape, scars, skin tone, etc.

* Literally ANY playable race. I'll gleefully accept your dwarves, muls, half-giants, half-elves, humans and full elves!

* Literally ANY walk of life. They can be made up like fancy nobles/templars, hunters, grebbers, soldiers, gickers and so on.

* If you feel so inclined, sdescs will also be a major help!

There is currently no deadline set on this. As a "soft cap", let's say a max of 20 mdescs per person and depending on how many I receive, I'll update this further.

Please submit a "Game related: Question" request - Attn: Shabago

You guys rock. Anyone submitting will receive due credit to their account notes and the most prolific member will get themselves a unique-style prize for use in-game.

Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

chrisdcoulombe

Re: Description Madness!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:16:42 PM »
Cool
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Pretentious

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 05:52:08 AM »
Do you want us to put in line breaks at the 75/80 character mark, or should we let you worry about formatting them correctly?

Shabago

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 09:44:13 AM »
No worries on the formatting. I'll need to manually enter them all either way.

Also, you guys are AMAZING. There has been an absolute ton of submission. While I can keep taking more, in the interest of putting an end date on this so someone can get their prize, let's give it one more week from now - Wednesday, August 7th.

Soft-cap of 20 off, as well, since a few of you hit that in a hurry. Damn.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

Shabago

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 10:05:55 AM »
And now in the correct thread.

This is closed and I'm blown away at the effort from you all. There we over 300 npcs submitted. Just wow, guys. Much luv.

There we a few last minute submissions last night, so I'll be tallying up the totals for each person and updating this post again soon, re: winner.

Shabago

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 12:05:42 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaand, the winner is *drumroll*

The person that submitted _EIGHTY EIGHT_ unique npcs.

I have to say yet again, that the response to this was incredible and every last one of you that submitted even one NPC through the winner number, has had their account notes receive a shiny kudos from yours truly. You all will get to leave a little lasting mark on the world, as it were, too. Each of your brain-babies will find themselves a place in the Known. Cool? Cool! You all rock!

Jihelu

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 06:02:22 PM »
Whom'st the fuck wrote EIGHTY EIGHT descriptions.

(I don't expect a real answer)

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 06:27:46 PM »
absolute unit
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "This ain't no city, grebber!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Saiseiki

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 08:52:58 AM »
WOW!  ;D  Well done, all.  Eighty-eight?!  *bows down*  Thanks for putting out this call, Shabago.  I had a lot more fun participating than I expected.  Good times.