Quit store

Started by MeTekillot, July 10, 2019, 05:58:28 AM

Douchenozzle. I love that.

I'm also against instant storage. The temptation to slam the door shut and get an instant gratification in form of release of stress from the pressure of roleplayed out opposition is too high. This feature will cause more trouble then it solves.

So dont be a douchenozzle and store properly. By killing someone in the middle of the tavern with a knife.

Hmm. I've never had to wait long on a storage request, though I don't think I've ever actually made the request "some sort of death scene or something." It was usually after a burned rope from things and I just explained the IC character reason for a storage and offered to log in for a scene if it was needed and it went through.

I was reading through this and thinking the idea might be alright if it was set for a longer timeline, though I've been ultimately swayed by the need to communicate with staff, if the communication exists.

I've also only stored 3-4 characters in like 15 years so i'm not the most qualified.

People tend to react with violent emotion sometimes then regret their actions. We're human.  Having a movie or days to think about it after the request can lead to change of heart.

I'm a NAY.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I don't think this is a terrible idea. I just also don't see the point, when most storage requests are handled pretty speedily these days.

I'm not really on board with having to justify why I'm not having fun in a role anymore, since this is a game and if you're not having fun, you just aren't, but it isn't like you need to provide some kind explanation now, either. At least in my experience.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on July 15, 2019, 04:38:32 PM
I don't think this is a terrible idea. I just also don't see the point, when most storage requests are handled pretty speedily these days.

I'm not really on board with having to justify why I'm not having fun in a role anymore, since this is a game and if you're not having fun, you just aren't, but it isn't like you need to provide some kind explanation now, either. At least in my experience.

Yeah, not having fun with a character is enough, from what I understand. This communication just let's staff know what's happening, which I think is a good thing.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.