Positive things

Started by Midori, June 26, 2019, 12:32:10 AM

The threads here seem to be negative a lot of the time. Here's a thread for mentioning some positive things!

I really like the features that have been added for mounts.. the titles and taking the reins automatically. It helps a lot when in a large group.

yay good thread!!!

After not playing for years and coming back I have to say there have been a ton of great features; the new classes for one (whining aside, the range of concepts you can play now is better IMO), androgynous gender option (my very first character on Arm years and years and years ago was androgynous, but the limited pronouns screwed with my ability to do this concept), and the economy fixes (you can now sell unique/cool stuff people would actually want to buy without it getting whiped out in a crash).
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Haven't played in years. Recently came back and while there's plenty of things the same, a lot has been added that I find myself searching help files and the gdb to figure out what the heck all the new stuff is. Pretty exciting to say the least. All of the people developing the code deserve praise, it's not easy and you have to love it to do it like this.

I love that we're getting some item consistency and more items made craftable. I also love that every staffer I've had in the last long while have been rock solid.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Hmm if theres something I like it would be the shop code so "I dont have enough money for that" Doesn't happen as much. Like the echos about the shop keep selling to a vnpc.
Helps a but on that note I am going to go make another thread about that.
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

I feel like staff are letting players decide the personal flavor of their stories more and more, are more open to variety in concepts, and are generally more chill to support the playerbase. Rules and standards remain tough for storylines that involve many people, I suspect, but if I think my character ought to do this or that and it doesn't overly affect any coded limitations, staff have lately always been willing to support me in it.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

All the new players we've been getting: awesome!

All the ways in which staff have heard player feedback and have implemented related features, like making one able to inspect wounds on people/bodies in game: great!

Sometimes people voice their ideas / suggestions and I want to emphasize (to newbies) that it isn't coming from a place that things are bad here, but rather, that the community here takes feedback and improves.

The way we all help eachother out by helping newbies, making fan made sites and tools, and volunteer staffing is great, and makes up for the rough patches that can come with a largely community built game.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.