Author Topic: DISCUSSION: What is the most dangerous animal you think you can defeat unarmed?  (Read 1623 times)

flurry

This thread reminded me of this story of a jogger drowning a rabid raccoon that attacked her:

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/14/news/midcoast/maine-woman-attacked-by-raccoon-drowns-rabid-animal-in-puddle/
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

RogueGunslinger

One out of ten tries? And I learn from the previous attempts? One adult elephant.

A feel like a lion would be able to twist and turn 180 in your grip 100% of the time. I also feel like you'd have a hard time getting full leverage around its neck and mane to get it to pass out before you tire out. 

Brytta Léofa

Pretty sure I've got less than a 10% chance of surviving a cougar attack even if I have a gun.

Any critter that is hard to damage and can bleed me out (even if it can't straight up maim me) is gonna be a problem. Ten attempts is nice, but I don't learn physical skills fast.

I could prob'ly take a coyote.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "This ain't no city, grebber!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

lordcooper

One out of ten tries? And I learn from the previous attempts? One adult elephant.

A feel like a lion would be able to twist and turn 180 in your grip 100% of the time. I also feel like you'd have a hard time getting full leverage around its neck and mane to get it to pass out before you tire out.

How do you even fight an elephant?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

RogueGunslinger

Exhaust it to death. I mean, I have a lot of time, right? I imagine their turn radius isn't that great, and if they're actively trying to kill me it shouldn't be too hard to keep them running. I bet it would dehydrate and die way sooner than I would.

Gracchus

As far as I know no grizzly bear has ever been trained in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I am trained in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Knowing this I could easily kill a grizzly bear in two or three motions.

Haunt

i could grab and throw a turtle
Sometimes the shit breaks you

Namino

The most interesting part of this question is that it shows which people are 100% disconnected from reality.  ;D ;D

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
The most interesting part of this question is that it shows which people are 100% disconnected from reality.  ;D ;D
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

RogueGunslinger

Well you have to be skirting the line, otherwise it wouldn't be the most dangerous. This is a fun question.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
Hey but for real I was joking about an African lion. I liked my platoon's responses, though. Some are tenable.

But for real I know BJJ, which is a super power.
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Namino

Lol. I do love this question.

So far in this thread we've had someone call out the largest living land animal and the second biggest land carnivore.

X-D

Namino.
According to a CPW release, the body of an 80-pound juvenile mountain lion was located on the West Ridge Trail. “The runner did everything he could to save his life.

I am unable to find any cases of an adult human male (or female) Actually beating an adult healthy mountain lion bare handed. Many cases of escape. Otherwise the mountain lion is like  500-1-70.

So, mountain lion would be a good pick IMO, well inside the 10% chance.

RGS, Ballsy idea, not one I would risk. Largest land animal, Stupid fast and one of the smartest with problem solving abilities?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

path

• they fight crime
I'm domesticated.  :-[
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

RogueGunslinger

Elephants are only fast in bursts and straight lines. And they have slow startup speed. It could probably swing its head and trunk fast though, so you would need to be out of reach. It could probably run me down if I just tried sprinting away in a straight line. I bet after I avoided the first two or three charges I could then safely just start jogging away.

Here is the real issue though, im horribly out of shape when it comes to endurance running. Someone else would have a much better shot.

BOXCARS

I got chased by a wild stallion in the hills of Wyoming. I don't think I could even remotely take that beast although for a moment I had to strongly consider it. Don't want to imagine what it could do to me. Nothing good!

chrisdcoulombe

Deer look pretty tough.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Bogre

I think I would give myself a 10% chance against a hammerhead shark, given the terms of engagement.

Hammerhead sharks have a relatively smaller mouth than other sharks, and shallower water limits their ability to turn and apply the jaws. That water is also an impediment to humans, but I might be able to stamp on its head between the bottom of the arena and damage critical structures. I would have to be wary that it didn't just hammer into me first, though, putting me fully in the water and then opening up snack time.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Thomoto

I could step on a boner death spider, (brazilian wandering spider) then scream my head off.
Hi pah human tribals, are you bad?

*arrows*

WarriorPoet

My fuckfzce of a bloodhound kicks my ass and takes me down daily, so probably a small dog.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

valeria

• I have a writing page.
  Deer look pretty tough.

Dude forgot that humans are only so OP in the current meta because we've spec'd heavily into tool use.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

deskoft

• Helper
  Deer look pretty tough.

Dude forgot that humans are only so OP in the current meta because we've spec'd heavily into tool use.

Jesus that guy has a lot of free time.

Thomoto

I could throw a sharp stick at a rabbit.
But I’m too weak to cute animals.
Hi pah human tribals, are you bad?

*arrows*