Tools. Do they exist for every craft?

Started by Cerelum, May 15, 2019, 07:33:47 PM

Here's a crazy idea: forget about the code and use what makes sense. If your cutting linen into bandages, use scissors. If your applying something to an existing bandage and you cant see how scissors help you? Dont use scissors.

People really can get too hung up on the code. Use what makes sense from an IC perspective first.

If I'm using what makes sense but it doesn't offer a bonus, but something else that makes less sense does, that's not my fault.

Kinda how tools work IRL, too.

You don't know, until you know, then you know, and you're like 'why the fuck was I doing this for 8 hours when this tool makes it happen in 10 minutes'.

Brought to you by a craftsman.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Alesan on May 17, 2019, 09:54:30 PM
The tall, muscular man asks, in sirihish, "Excuse me, but do you know of any scissors that I can use to cut cloth into bandages? These scissors that work fine for cutting cloth to make a shirt just aren't working for me."

+1

Quote from: Eyeball on May 18, 2019, 10:27:12 PM
Quote from: Alesan on May 17, 2019, 09:54:30 PM
The tall, muscular man asks, in sirihish, "Excuse me, but do you know of any scissors that I can use to cut cloth into bandages? These scissors that work fine for cutting cloth to make a shirt just aren't working for me."

+1

Have to type out Kudos for this, I lost it.