Poisons - Identifying them.

Started by Cerelum, May 03, 2019, 12:50:16 AM

If I could wave a magick wand, it would be to allow you to tell what are poisons if you have the poisoning skill.

As it sits currently, the only way I've found to identify them is to HOLD THING, POISON THING, to get the poison message or lack there of.

The reason this would make more sense to have a way in game other than taste and such, is because right now I feel like its ooc knowledge over IC knowledge with poisons.

I know a few poisons from playing, but honestly don't know where to find some of the rarer ones outside of help poison helpfile.

NOTE: Don't discuss where poisons are in this thread.

The idea of this thread is simply to hopefully facilitate some type of coded way to tell hey, that piece of this thing is poisonous.  The other one isn't.

We are told to find out things IC, and granted I know you can simply ask every person you come across, Hey where do I find Peraine and maybe 1 in 50 will get lucky, but that's super meta, as well as not very covert when it comes to trying to secretly get poisons to kill your friend... Foes.

I think theres a pretty easy solution of allowing poison items (Certain plants, glands, etc. You all know the ones) to be assessed/analyzed (Whichever one does the good info) and if you have the poison skill it tells you

"This could possibly be used to poison something"

That being said I also thought it was an easy fix to make elves able to tame animals so maybe Brokkr will show up and disagree for whatever reason.

I don't think it's too crazy. You can identify brew made poisons+cures using analyze/taste/whatever. Maybe that tag could also make it so gate guards and shop vendors stop buying obviously poison plants when poison is banned in the city.
The gate guards are dumb as hell.

Good idea. Always bugged me that you can have someone with highly skilled poisoning but they can't even identify previous poisons they've used, let alone one's they presumably should have a basic level of knowledge about regardless. At the same time some fresh crafter knows everything due to OOC knowledge :(
Free your hate.