Take The Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology and post results!

Started by oggotale, April 30, 2019, 02:23:45 PM

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 20, 2019, 10:05:19 AM
Thats bait.

It really isn't. The question is coming from someone who scored 53% griefer/killer, with a 70+% socializer. That's an odd combination, I think. I'm just curious about what his/her scores are that they would write a bunch about it, but not publish it, and think that they themselves are so far outside the norm. Personally, I would think that a permadeath RPG would attract people with the griefer/killer trait, so the fact that they're here is not at all surprising, and I wouldn't automatically consider someone a poor RPer if they scored low in the "socializer" category. I'm rather surprised I scored so high in it, myself.

For a long time, I enjoyed RPing thieves, burglars, and spies. There is often very little in the way of social interaction in these roles. That doesn't mean that the person is a bad RPer. It is all about what KIND of RP they enjoy. Solo RP is one of the most difficult things to RP well, in my opinion, probably in part due to my predilection for socializing. So my hat is off to anyone able to do it well.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Quote from: Heade on July 21, 2019, 11:24:27 AM
Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 20, 2019, 10:05:19 AM
Thats bait.

It really isn't. The question is coming from someone who scored 53% griefer/killer, with a 70+% socializer. That's an odd combination, I think. I'm just curious about what his/her scores are that they would write a bunch about it, but not publish it, and think that they themselves are so far outside the norm. Personally, I would think that a permadeath RPG would attract people with the griefer/killer trait, so the fact that they're here is not at all surprising, and I wouldn't automatically consider someone a poor RPer if they scored low in the "socializer" category. I'm rather surprised I scored so high in it, myself.

For a long time, I enjoyed RPing thieves, burglars, and spies. There is often very little in the way of social interaction in these roles. That doesn't mean that the person is a bad RPer. It is all about what KIND of RP they enjoy. Solo RP is one of the most difficult things to RP well, in my opinion, probably in part due to my predilection for socializing. So my hat is off to anyone able to do it well.

Your comment is not the bait.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Achiever: 33%
Explorer: 60%
Killer: 40%
Socializer: 67%