Magick Meat is BACK on the table!

Started by Dresan, April 22, 2019, 07:03:06 PM

Quote from: Cerelum on April 24, 2019, 11:43:35 PM
I also had no idea that Void elementalists were in the game again.

Why aren't they linked in the other elementalists helpfile?

https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Elementalist

That's a find out IC, my friend.

But no seriously, they should be added to that list.

The void isn't an element.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

"Those who are able to call upon the power of one of the four elements are known as elementalists. "

Bruh so what are elkrosians and drovians.

" or have gone shadow walking if they're a drovian."

Damn I never knew the documents dead ass mentioned Drovians and their shadow-boi spell.

Quote from: Lizzie on April 25, 2019, 10:06:15 AM
The void isn't an element.

If void isn't an element, then elkros isn't either. Like elkros, it's a quasi-element and on its helpfile:

Quote from: https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Nilazi
Due to their nature, void elementalists .....

As well as this, all of the known elements are listed here: https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Magick%20Element

You guys are quite literally arguing semantics.

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 25, 2019, 03:46:55 PM
You guys are quite literally arguing semantics.

Sorry. I don't like being told that I'm wrong or when people insist in something that isn't true.

But in any case, the point behind it originates with the desire for the elements to be listed on the elementalist culture help file.

I think only the things with temples in Allanak are "elementalists" the rest are abominations that should die in a god damn fire!

*I would totally play one of those abominations just for the record.

Quote from: Hicksville Hoochie on April 23, 2019, 09:12:33 PM
QuotePer the docs commoners can and do go to Vivaduans for water. You dont need to play against the docs to do so.
Which is not something I've denied.
Cool. Your post saying "Who would ever go to a water witch for water" and follow up posts made it sound like PCs are playing against the docs to do so. You're now saying they aren't playing against the docs to do so, so we're in agreemeent.

My post was attributing to the stigma behind it, and the idea that  it's not something the average person would want to do. I haven't once said it was playing against the docs for a pc to go to a Viv for healing/water. You're taking my words on how I assume the average person would possibly think about magick, and reading entirely too much into it.

Quote from: MagickMagick is a mysterious and very rare power on Zalanthas, about which the general public knows very little, and generally fears and hates a great deal. While magickers are tolerated in some places, they are generally feared and distrusted by the vast majority of the population of Zalanthas. In many places, magickers are killed upon discovery, and even the rumor that one is a magicker can lead to one's death.

Quote from: ElementalistElementalists are rare and their connection is widely considered a curse on Zalanthas, inflicted seemingly at random upon individuals who almost exclusively do not desire it.

Quote from: VivaduansDisease and ill health are also frequently connected to the Vivaduan's healing arts - such afflictions being thought to follow magickers, or be a direct result of them working their magicks on others. It is a rare individual that will turn down conjured water when dying of thirst, or decline healing when their lifeblood drains out of them - but in both cases, they'd rather not be seen to do it.

It is not seen as good or normal by the average person in Allanak. Those VNPCs in the room of the quarters are the desperate that likely feel they don't/don't have any other choice. The average 'Nakki citizen doesn't just wake up in the morning with thoughts of going over to the Viv temple and grabbing a gallon of water and some anti-something-rot magicks. The docs clearly state this -- this is NOT me saying players can't/shouldn't do it. Nor is it me encouraging people to isolate the gemmed (or at least the 'useful' ones) further from the playerbase. It's simply me saying that it isn't considered normal/good, as per the docs. If there's a passage in the docs that refutes the quotes above, which are from the docs, then I'd be glad to change my perception if you show it to me.

I don't think anyone is saying you can't get your ass beat up, and goto the Water Temple to get healed, nor be thirsty and goto the water temple and beg for water.

What I think is being said is that if you make a habit of it, expect people to start to talk about your character.  I would imagine the talk would vary wildly from how crazy you are to let witches touch you to whispered rumors that you must BE a witch.

I think I saw Sanvean or one of the big OGs from the game say something along the lines of, "You don't have to follow every doc, but if you start blatantly playing against them regularly, expect consequences." (paraphrasing)

Quote from: Hicksville Hoochie on April 26, 2019, 08:04:52 AMI haven't once said it was playing against the docs for a pc to go to a Viv for healing/water.
Cool. Thank you for clarifying your position.

"Help Touched" has been updated slightly.

While we have no intentions of elaborating on the spell side of things, the Touched subclasses also possess various skills. Whereas other subclasses that give skills were expounded upon so that folks can figure out skill-wise what they are getting in combination with their class, the Touched subclasses were still lacking in this regards.  The change put them on a more even playing field information wise with other subclasses and extended subclasses.

But, again, no spell information or intention of ever listing out spell information.

Quote from: Brokkr on April 26, 2019, 12:19:52 PM
"Help Touched" has been updated slightly.

While we have no intentions of elaborating on the spell side of things, the Touched subclasses also possess various skills. Whereas other subclasses that give skills were expounded upon so that folks can figure out skill-wise what they are getting in combination with their class, the Touched subclasses were still lacking in this regards.  The change put them on a more even playing field information wise with other subclasses and extended subclasses.

But, again, no spell information or intention of ever listing out spell information.

Hot damn. I love it. Thanks for updating that, that makes the touched subguilds look a hell of a lot cooler!

I had no interest in any touched subclasses but now i want to play one even more than checking out the magick subclasses.

Those skills are great and they can even cast some spells on top of that. That is utterly amazing.

I realized I forgot about branching altogether for some of the Touch subclasses.  The helpfile should now also reflect branching, not just the skills and levels they get to.

Quote from: Hicksville Hoochie on April 26, 2019, 08:04:52 AMI haven't once said it was playing against the docs for a pc to go to a Viv for healing/water.

You implied it was bad rp, pretty heavily.

That was my impression, both before and after, John called you on it.
"Mortals do drown so."

I do apologize that it was taken that way by folks reading it, but it absolutely wasn't the spirit of the post. It was my interpretation as to how the average Allanak citizen might think on the matter when confronted with it, not to consider it as any form of bad rp.

Emotions interpreted through text, internet, blah blah blah -- apologies again to anyone that interpreted it that way.

Quote from: TFort on April 26, 2019, 01:31:33 PM
I had no interest in any touched subclasses but now i want to play one even more than checking out the magick subclasses.

Those skills are great and they can even cast some spells on top of that. That is utterly amazing.
Pretty much this. I doubt I would start play with the intent of attaining the gem (if only because their spellcasting is so limited). But if I wanted to play a cursed person who spends their whole life trying to hide the curse, I would now seriously consider a touched character whereas beforehand I would never consider these subguilds to be viable.

Good job Brokkr :)

Yeah looking at the skills lists for Touched I have to say that was my feel too. I could see a few of these making for really nice quasi-mundanes with a magick surprise bag.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

I think the touched are pretty cool, I've only played one who was murdered relatively fast but I'd play another one.