Crazy Concepts, Probably never allowed.

Started by Cerelum, April 18, 2019, 09:31:20 AM

I could have sworn there was one of these around before, but maybe it's so old it's just way the hell far back.

Crazy concepts you would love to play, even if they probably would never be allowed or work.

If it could be done.

My first concept would probably be a rogue Jihaen templar, who fled tuluk and tried to survive in the south as something, a bynner maybe?  I dunno.

First time he's out on a contract and does something northern templary if you get my saying, all hell breaks loose.

Second would be a preserver who used his magick to aid people, sorta like a wasteland super hero, granting people water and food who need it.  Saving them from beasts etc.

Third would be a dwarf with the focus to become nobility.  He came from a long line of fine dwarves, and demands his recognition, even if allowed, probably extremely short lived.

I would want to play a Morin's preserver sanctioned by the, in practical terms, non-existent northern templarate, whose job was to make visitors and natives feel welcome at their table and keep an eye out for the village. Basically a Tuluk-sanctioned protector. My magick would be the perceptive kind, with a small amount of practical defense, as this is something that is possible in the world although probably not coded in whatever magick path gives you the path of knowledge.

"Welcome at their table" extends to buying ale for traveler and native pcs as well as food for the native poor and hunters that obviously could use a real meal. A 'real meal' probably being the local bread or whatever. With a chunk of cheese and coffee and whatever the hell they sell there because I haven't so much as stepped into Morin's since the changes to it to make it livable.

Is it livable without having to be peak and interact regularly with others? I have no idea. I have to base my skillset off the idea that I will rarely run into the same person twice. I've thought about creating a Morin's native who lives off of forest roots, but I don't actually know if a pc can survive there with certain skills, especially if you're giving up your guild or subguild in order to have magick.

https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

If nothing else, gemmed allanaki witches would stop having tea parties on the edge of the North Road, laying their laundry on the west gate to dry.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I've shared 4 or so in the Discord chat recently, because I'd like to see them played.

A crazy concept, that requires no staff intervention or code changes is tough, many have already been done. I'm always down with a Dwarf looking to start a "noble" bloodline, or learning Heshrak to attempt to unite gith tribes, etc etc.

Hell. I'd be down for a thrall role, too.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

If I ever saw state sponsored sorcery in the north I'd player complaint and if staff said they approved it I'd staff complaint

Anyway, I wanna play a guy with tentacles/lower half of a silt horror for legs/an ass.

April 18, 2019, 12:08:26 PM #5 Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 12:11:20 PM by Namino
I wanted to play a carru and twink for 30 days somewhere out of the way until I was Godlike before hanging out at the bend in the north road waiting for someone to shoot an arrow at me.

A golden-brown carru arrives from the north.
A golden-brown carru sends you sprawling with a powerful bash.
A golden-brown carru says, in sirihish, "You done fucked up now."

That would actually be cool if you could play some type of beast out in the wilds.

You'd become the great white Jakhal or something and murder anyone who comes into your domain.

Maybe make it where you'd have to provide food and water to your young back at a burrow or something.

Haven't players been allowed to Spec App animals before? I swear I recall that having been a thing.

Back around  the early 2ks, before I fully understood the lore, I made a random backstory attempt at a character preaching the greatness of a One God that wasn't Tektolnes.

I'm still surprised that the character was accepted.

I'm not surprised that about ten minutes into my crusade, Ishan Kasix bashed the character's brains out, Negan style. XD

I once made a mentally handicapped man who was class pickpocket but almost never used his coded skills.

I can't remember his name and he talked like that house elf from Harry Potter and would worship the Highlord outside the gaj.

He also begged for nearly everything, and he lived a decent life actually as folks would treat him badly and he would cry and sob about it to the point a few people ooc'd that I was killing them emotionally with the display.

He eventually was invited back to an apartment for food, held onto the guys cloak the whole way like a child and was brutally murdered in the apartment after being called various non pc mental names.

He was a straight flavor type PC and I enjoyed him greatly even though I knew his death was going to come soon.

A Tor Scorpion
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote from: Jihelu on April 18, 2019, 12:03:13 PM
If I ever saw state sponsored sorcery in the north I'd player complaint and if staff said they approved it I'd staff complaint

Anyway, I wanna play a guy with tentacles/lower half of a silt horror for legs/an ass.

I kind of forgot that people can't sponsor sorcery. Man, I am really playing in the wrong places these days.

I want to be the dwarf that invents macaroni and cheese.

Quote from: Cind on April 19, 2019, 01:27:05 PM

I used to play a 'rinth rat that always had some moss pasta in his pockets when he was hungry. Nothing like reaching in for a small handful of Pocket Pasta to get you through the day.

Quote from: Riev on April 19, 2019, 02:50:06 PM
Quote from: Cind on April 19, 2019, 01:27:05 PM

I used to play a 'rinth rat that always had some moss pasta in his pockets when he was hungry. Nothing like reaching in for a small handful of Pocket Pasta to get you through the day.

I have a friend who does this to me in real life, everytime I leave his place he puts a handful of Partymix in my coat pocket and says "there you go, pocket snacks" 
You're an idiot... (munch munch) ...  I love you
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Mantis... use to love playing them back in the day, running around hunting for the hive, having interesting encounters with elves, travelers, gith, magickers, eating merchants outside of 'Nak.   ;D

April 22, 2019, 01:00:32 PM #16 Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:03:52 PM by Grapes
The gigantic, bright-feathered bird swoops out of the sky with powerful gusts of wind, its talons dangling menacingly before they settle on the sand and stone, eyeing you with a curious, avian suspicion.

Its beak opening, in a loud squak, head twitching to the side, the gigantic, bright-feathered bird asks, in rinthi-accented sirihish "Do you smell what the ROC is cookin'?!"
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Quote from: Grapes on April 22, 2019, 01:00:32 PM
The gigantic, bright-feathered bird swoops out of the sky with powerful gusts of wind, its talons dangling menacingly before they settle on the sand and stone, eyeing you with a curious, avian suspicion.

Its beak opening, in a loud squak, head twitching to the side, the gigantic, bright-feathered bird asks, in rinthi-accented sirihish "Do you smell what the ROC is cookin'?!"

A science-based, 100% dragon bird MMO.

Dwarf with the focus to learn sorcery, because lore wise it should be possible I would think?

Quote from: Cerelum on April 22, 2019, 01:14:46 PM
Dwarf with the focus to learn sorcery, because lore wise it should be possible I would think?

After that time I saw a jozhal defile the land? I bet so.

A rebel, to start a rebellion or resistance in Allanak.

Knowing what I know, now, about how impossible in scope the power of Red+ templars are, it seems to me like even if you could SOMEHOW avoid the meta-win crowd, it would be functionally impossible, to ever have any kind of meaningful or lasting impact. Rather, I'd imagine it would end with "winds gotcha!" type magick, and a tokpile of pcs instant killing the pc, before anything ever happened.
"Mortals do drown so."

Please avoid taking on the role of stating staff opinions or policies unless you're a staff member.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote from: nessalin on April 23, 2019, 05:22:06 AM
Please avoid taking on the role of stating staff opinions or policies unless you're a staff member.

We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...