More waste parts - Crafting

Started by Cerelum, April 16, 2019, 05:50:40 PM

So having been on a character that finally has armormaking and leathercrafting... I have saw something that's pretty damn cool.

When you fail to craft something you're left with a leather scrap.

It got me to thinking that it should do that for the vast majority of crafts.

Take a chalton horn for example, big ass horn, turned into a small little knife for some craft.  Where is the rest of the horn?

Big ass shell of a scrab, turned into a neckguard, where is the rest of the shell?

Why aren't there scrap materials of all that?

This way we could have scrap crafts like you do with leather, that are flavorful, some are pretty damn cool looking and not need to go out and kill half a dozen chalton to get enough horn to create one knife or whatever.

(Yes I know, you shouldn't be burning through all that much crafts unless you're being wasteful as it won't teach you.)

Thoughts?

I always wondered why leftover materials almost always vanish into the ether.

Give us scrap materials, so mastercustom crafters have more to work with.

I want to see what cool and interesting crap can be made from people's leavings.

This is also something that has puzzled me.  When I'm doing custom crafts, I always try to put something in the "what is left on failure" side of the equation, whether just an item sticking around through the failure attempt or an item breaking down.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.