Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers thread, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS  (Read 4929 times)

Synthesis

Re: Game of Thrones - Spoilers thread, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2019, 05:12:11 AM »
Trash.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Bebop

« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2019, 12:17:10 PM »
I didn't hate the ending but I didn't love it.

And I agree with Moe.  If Bran has been just ... tugging the strings and manipulating this all into being at the cost of many lives ... he's the actual bad guy.  And Tyrion would've been smart enough to realize that.  Well early seasons Tyrion anyway.

Medena

« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2019, 01:30:47 PM »
I am okay with how everything ended up;  I just don't like how the show took us there at such a breakneck speed this season, especially in this last episode.  The action/story came off as stilted and laughably contrived as a result of the lack of exposition for the many story threads which were tied up so abruptly.  Case in point was the council who chose a new King.   Who were all those dudes?  How did they get there so fast?  Would they really have agreed to something so radical as Brandon as King so fast, based solely all on the pretty lame speech made by Tyrion?   Why would the Dornish guy agree without a fight?

One thing I did like very much though was that the show and the series ended with the Starks.  It was so fitting and felt so right that the story arc would take us back to those characters with whose personal stories we had begun and with whom many of us were the most engaged throughout the series.
Quote from: J S Bach
If it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

lordcooper

« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2019, 01:35:10 PM »
Extra Bonus Questions:
1. Is Circe pregnant or lying? (1 extra point)
Pregnant

I'm not sure she counts as pregnant.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Namino

« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »
Extra Bonus Questions:
1. Is Circe pregnant or lying? (1 extra point)
Pregnant

I'm not sure she counts as pregnant.

Cersei: I'm pregnant

Jamie: rides north to Winterfell, 1,500 miles, a minimum 30 day trip

Northern army: infantry march 1,500 miles, a minimum two month trip

Cersei: No visible bump well into the second trimester

Press X to doubt, fellas. Unless Qyburn invented modern pregnancy tests when he wasn't making ballistic missiles so she caught it instantly.

Edit: Actually, she tells Jamie she's knocked up in S7E5. Since then: Jon and Seal Team Six take a boat to Eastwatch (~1900 miles from Dragonstone), They sail back with their wight to Kings Landing (~2100 miles) and meet Cersei, the infantry march north (1,500miles, ships until White Harbour, overland rest), fight the dead, march south (1,500 miles) and take kings landing where Cersei dies.

...She was either lying or that baby got born off screen.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 02:01:20 PM by Namino »

lordcooper

« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2019, 02:01:35 PM »
i kinda just meant because she's a bit dead
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Synthesis

« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2019, 02:07:21 PM »
I am okay with how everything ended up;  I just don't like how the show took us there at such a breakneck speed this season, especially in this last episode.  The action/story came off as stilted and laughably contrived as a result of the lack of exposition for the many story threads which were tied up so abruptly.  Case in point was the council who chose a new King.   Who were all those dudes?  How did they get there so fast?  Would they really have agreed to something so radical as Brandon as King so fast, based solely all on the pretty lame speech made by Tyrion?   Why would the Dornish guy agree without a fight?

One thing I did like very much though was that the show and the series ended with the Starks.  It was so fitting and felt so right that the story arc would take us back to those characters with whose personal stories we had begun and with whom many of us were the most engaged throughout the series.

I was hoping Jon Snow would stand up to Drogon thinking he'd be invulnerable to dragonfire because he's part Targayahrasdfen, but instead he gets ashed.

I was hoping Arya would be assassinated by one of the Faceless Men.

I was hoping Grey Worm would pull a knife out and just gank Tyrion right there in front of this Council that Grey Worm has zero reasons to give any fucks about.

I was hoping the next-to-last scene would be another massive battle as the Dothraki decide to rape and pillage now that they have nothing better to do, the Unsullied take suicidal vengeance on anyone they thought had anything to do with Dany's death, and there's a gigantic chaotic free-for-all between all the factions with armies at King's Landing.

Then the last scene would be a cut to beyond the wall, showing a new Night King raising the first wights of the next army of the dead.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Insigne

« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2019, 05:52:26 AM »
I'm reading an ongoing fan-written script for season 8 and, so far, I think it far surpasses the actual season. Their version spans at least 11 episodes, characters aren't dumbed down for the apparent sake of making others look smarter, and battle tactics are a lot more sensible than what we see in episode 3.

Besides that, it started back in mid-2018 and the writer hasn't seen season 8 yet, so it's a completely different take on the finale of GoT and worth a read in my book.

https://www.aliceshipwise.com/gameofthrones
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 06:03:36 AM by Insigne »