Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers thread, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS  (Read 5515 times)

Namino

Re: Game of Thrones - Spoilers thread, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »
Sigh. The leaks that dropped before episode 4 now are 10/10 for both 4 and 5.

So 6 ain't lookin' good.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2019, 10:47:30 PM »
The mountain and hound fight was shitty.  White walkers can die but the undead creation of the one creepy old dude was somehow stronger than the Night King. Bullshit.

Yeah but Arya stabbed the Night King with, essentially, a kryptonite dagger.

Cerelum

« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2019, 10:50:59 PM »
Best episode of the season.

Who's gonna kill Dany?

Arya hopefully.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Namino

« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2019, 10:53:09 PM »
I mean. Is this a thread for SPOILER SPOILERS? Because I wouldn't hate bitching a week in advance about the next episode with y'all.  :o
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 10:57:09 PM by Namino »

Marauder Moe

« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »
I'd prefer it just be post-episode spoilers, personally.  While it hasn't been great, at least it hasn't been completely predictable.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2019, 11:00:12 PM »
I mean. Is this a thread for SPOILER SPOILERS? Because I wouldn't hate bitching a week in advance about the next episode with y'all.  :o
I will murder your PC and their mate if you spoil before the episode airs.
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Namino

« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2019, 11:02:56 PM »

Jokes on you, I don't even play anymore!

On a serious note, I figured that'd be the reaction and I'm not one for spoiling.

Cerelum

« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2019, 11:03:51 PM »
I would say only spoilers after or during the current episode has been launched.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2019, 11:06:18 PM »

On a serious note, I figured that'd be the reaction and I'm not one for spoiling.
I will murder everyone you've ever mudsexed.

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Namino

« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2019, 11:09:17 PM »

I will murder everyone you've ever mudsexed.

You don't have enough throwing knives.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2019, 11:11:13 PM »
You can re-use the club you sap with.

MeTekillot

« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2019, 11:57:43 PM »
They smashed over the head with the WILDFIRE BENEATH THE CITY last season
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

manipura

« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2019, 12:06:47 AM »
*I'm usually a fan of subtlety, but with a plot this complicated (and this jumbled, at the end), the green flames needed some exposition.  I'm assuming it means that Cersei had rigged the whole city to explode, had she lost the war?

Aerys was a big fan of wildfire (well...and of burning in general) and when he was getting old and crazy and paranoid he had caches of it hidden all around the city.  At the end of Robertís Rebellion the plan was that Aerys would have his guy set the plan in motion to burn the city down and he would rise from the ashes as a dragon.  Jamie killed them both before the plan got going and the stashes of wildfire remained hidden.

Bebop

« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2019, 12:19:07 AM »
Okay.  I tried to be along for the ride but fuck this show and what they did to Jaime and Cersei's lame ass death by rocks.  So disappointed.

Cerelum

« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2019, 12:36:09 AM »
Okay.  I tried to be along for the ride but fuck this show and what they did to Jaime and Cersei's lame ass death by rocks.  So disappointed.

My problem moreso with it was that he should have never made it to her in the first place.

He had both of his ribs stabbed on each side, by about a foot long blade.

Then somehow he climbs all sorts of stairs and navigates tunnels to make it to Cersei.  Fuck that shit.

Namino

« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2019, 12:46:25 AM »
My problem is that they butchered his entire arc of character development to get him back to Cersei. Why? Seriously, why? To glorify a horribly toxic relationship?

Jamie Lannister, of giving up his personal honor and reputation by stabbing Aerys II fame, stated he doesn't care about the innocent people of Kings Landing? Twenty years ago he gave up everything in order to protect those people. Are you trying to convince me he's an even shittier person now than when the series started?

These writers should be placed under very careful supervision by competent people until they've proven they can maintain internal consistency within their storytelling.

And while I'm ranting:

They can't even maintain EXTERNAL consistency in their interviews.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:48:50 AM by Namino »

MeTekillot

« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2019, 12:49:47 AM »
The last scene with Cersei and Jamie was quite touching if somewhat hokey.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

Namino

« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2019, 12:54:13 AM »
The last scene with Cersei and Jamie was quite touching if somewhat hokey.

Yet she had literally sent an assassin to kill him one episode previously.

Again, no internal consistency.

Lena killed it. Her begging not to let her die was incredible. The acting this season has been phenomenal, but the actors/actresses' backs much be BREAKING carrying the weight of this horrifically bad writing. Characters can't keep consistent motivation from episode to episode. Sometimes they can't even manage to maintain their motivations from the beginning to the end of a scene for crying out loud.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2019, 01:22:37 AM »
Someone trying hard to change but falling back into their destructive addiction is a very real story and it was executed okay. Just because Cersie wanted to kill Jamie for leaving doesn't mean when the world is burning around her she wouldn't immediately need him back.

I really enjoyed this episode. My only problem was Varys being killed instead of vanishing away and being a thorn in Danys side like the political manipulator he should be. The whole battle and perspective from the commoners and Arya was great.

Krath

« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2019, 11:37:06 AM »
Fucking Garbage. Writers Bailed on the show so they could do star wars.
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2019, 03:52:00 PM »
I liked that Cersei died by falling rocks. No character should be owed anything, including a dignified death (whether dealing or receiving). A mad queen dying as her world literally crumbles down on top of her is a fitting GoT death.

I liked that the "good guys" raped and sacked King's Landing. This is what armies do when they take cities by assault. It should remind people that war is hell, no matter who is winning.

I like Mad Queen Daenerys, but they needed a season of foreshadowing. Not two episodes. And if they really want to do it that quickly, they needed to plot it better. One of the best suggestions I saw was moving Rhaegals death from an idiotic naval engagement to the Assault. Have Daenerys take the walls, let the bells ring out, but have Rhaegal die at the last minute by Scorpion shot. And have the people CHEER this. Have Daenerys realize she isn't a liberator, that her children are seen as monsters, and have That be what breaks her.

Also she should have nuked the city a season ago.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2019, 03:53:44 PM »
Alternatively, they needed a montage of Daenerys youth where she was constantly assaulted with bells. Like just have Viserys walk in and chuck one at her face.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Harmless

« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2019, 04:58:28 PM »
Dany's madness was totes forced by the episode cap. It didn't feel like it made sense to me. Just leaves me dissatisfied and wanting an alternate story. Which is why I just play roleplaying games to get most of my fun anyhow!
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Veselka

« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2019, 06:12:17 PM »
I liked it.

Cleganebowl was great.

It's funny that even in the 'Inside the Episode', D&D don't acknowledge Cleganebowl was a thing. As if they came up with the idea themselves. LOSERS!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:19:14 PM by Veselka »
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

lordcooper

« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2019, 06:24:38 PM »
Dany has been shown to have a wide vindictive streak and seek OTT vengeance, starting multiple seasons ago.  Crucifying the Masters (incl the relatively decent ones), burning the witch, conquering and sacking multiple cities that descended into anarchy the moment she left, she forces that dude to marry her at dragon point etc etc

Add in increasing paranoia, Jon's revelation, two of her 'children' dying, and losing basically all her friends in rapid succession, and I'm really not surprised she'd snap.

That said

moving Rhaegals death from an idiotic naval engagement to the Assault. Have Daenerys take the walls, let the bells ring out, but have Rhaegal die at the last minute by Scorpion shot. And have the people CHEER this. Have Daenerys realize she isn't a liberator, that her children are seen as monsters, and have That be what breaks her.

would have been better.

Varys died with honour, Cleganebowl ended how it always should have, every scene with Arya kicked arse, and Jon's actor fucking nailed it.  Anyone bitching about Jaime returning to Cersei better have neither loved someone truly awful or had an addiction.  Dany is so fucking lucky that Arya didn't die, she'd have gone out worse than Ramsay.  I think there's about even chances of Jon sitting on the Iron throne or fucking off beyond the wall (or what's left of it), either way, I'm sure he has a bone to pick with Dany right now.  Sucks to be Brienne.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.