Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers thread, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS  (Read 4092 times)

Cerelum

As requested here is a thread to talk all about what happened in the show.

Jon Snow rode a fucking dragon, heís been fucking his cousin ew.

Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Refugee

Re: Game of Thrones - Spoilers thread, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 09:15:42 PM »
They found out the dead have an undead dragon.
Sansa does -not- appreciate having Daenerys in Winterfell or that Jon bent a knee to her.
Bran is truly a spooky badass now and doesn't need anyone to carry him.  And he and Jaime have come face to face...

lordcooper

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 09:36:18 PM »
Yeah, that's gonna be an awkward conversation for sure.

I kinda loved the opening being such a blatant callback to the very first episode, nice bit of fanservice there.

Good episode in general, they've set things up nicely for the remainder of the season.  I'm really struggling to imagine how they can wrap things up in a satisfactory way with only five episodes remaining though.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Veselka

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 09:44:07 PM »
As requested here is a thread to talk all about what happened in the show.

Jon Snow rode a fucking dragon, heís been fucking his cousin ew.

Actually, heís been fucking his Aunt. Dany is the daughter of the Mad King ó Jon (Aegon) is the son of Rhaegar, who was Danyís brother.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Veselka

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 09:46:32 PM »
The pacing already feels so much better than last season. My hope is they wrap up extraneous side plots like Theon as they did in this episode. Brief and to the point, handled within one episode rather than strung out in tiny chunks over several.

My favorite part? Screaming kid wight in an Old Gods spiral of human remains. Horrific. Brutal. Delicious.

--Immanuel Kant

Medena

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 10:00:21 PM »
I loved all the meetings of people who had not seen each other in a long time.

Jon and Bran
Jon and Arya -- it was touching
Arya and Gendry
Arya and the Hound -- Lol, not exactly full of warmth
Theon and Yara -- now there was a tender family moment.  I love how she knocked him down with a solid punch.  You go gal!

and, saving the best for last:

Jaime and Bran -- Awkward!  there's sure to be a small plot arising from that.
Quote from: J S Bach
If it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Refugee

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
My favorite part? Screaming kid wight in an Old Gods spiral of human remains. Horrific. Brutal. Delicious.
Yeah, that was something that they didn't have to do and yet did.  It was awesome.  I think that bodes well for how hard they're going to work to make this season great.

Cerelum

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:39:45 PM »
I loved all the meetings of people who had not seen each other in a long time.

Jon and Bran
Jon and Arya -- it was touching
Arya and Gendry
Arya and the Hound -- Lol, not exactly full of warmth
Theon and Yara -- now there was a tender family moment.  I love how she knocked him down with a solid punch.  You go gal!

and, saving the best for last:

Jaime and Bran -- Awkward!  there's sure to be a small plot arising from that.
She actually headbutt Theon.

Cerelum

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 01:05:53 AM »

Cerelum

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 01:45:26 PM »
Best thing about game of thrones, Gay of Thrones!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:10:15 PM by Cerelum »

triste

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 02:01:12 PM »
I am so relieved that my wife Yara is safe (for now).

Also that look of helpless resent she gives when that dude says he is heading of to f-ck the queen, I know the feel.

Riev

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 10:43:13 AM »
So. There are a ton of theories running around about The Prince(ess) that was Promised, and Azor Ahai, and apparently now that the Night King will relinquish to a Night QUEEN?

Some of these theories are just so extra, and while fun, seem like hackier writing than anything else that has been done. GRRM honestly keeps things pretty simple, and doesn't go over the reader's head, he just takes a lot of risk in his creative storytelling. Its up to how much the Benioff and the others want above and beyond the simple or obvious. Nevertheless, my predictions:

I think that Cersei was lying about being with child, to get Jamie and Tyrion to believe her lies about being a changed person, while she contracted the Golden Company to cement her standing as Queen, completely downplaying the danger of the impending horde.

I think that the Night King, who is vulnerable to fire, isn't going to fight 2 large dragons, with his large dragon that is ALSO now vulnerable to fire. I think he's going to be the Night King of King's Landing instead, and have not only the Lannisters, but the Golden Company under his command. (sans elephants). Now its a real army of capable warriors, not rando undead wildlings.

Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Cerelum

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 10:52:41 AM »
I've heard more times than anything that people think Bran is actually the night king in some weird future thing.

I've also heard theories that say the imp isn't really working for Dany, and he's always been working for his sister.

But I will tell you what, if my girlfriend doesn't let me leave her grandmother's house on Easter in time to watch the next episode, I know who's gonna get stabbed next.

Riev

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 02:49:23 PM »
But I will tell you what, if my girlfriend doesn't let me leave her grandmother's house on Easter in time to watch the next episode, I know who's gonna get stabbed next.

Seconded.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

MeTekillot

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 03:02:32 PM »
Damn dude they killed my boy Ned.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

Cerelum

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2019, 11:59:51 PM »
So I am liking where we are going, how things are shaping up.

However, I think this like last week was a slightly wasted episode.

Way too much talking about nothing and not much action.

The knighting of the big chick was silly and useless to advance the story.

I did actually feel some tension when Jon Snow said who he really was to Dany... I thought she might do something crazy like stab him in the neck right there.

Ancestry.wrong 100% fucking your aunt.

triste

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 12:14:40 AM »
Agree with the above assessment, felt like they were cramming character development in before people get killed off in the apocalyptic battles to come. But I took it for what it was, enjoyed the acting, like the look on Missandeiís face as Grey Worm walks off.

Also can I just say I am so proud of Arya, tossing daggers like a stone cold killer when doubted and totally taking what she wanted from that blacksmith boy. Total role model and a Ďbadassí as Maisie Williams herself describes her.

Bebop

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2019, 01:02:03 AM »
Am I the only one who felt super uncomfortable about Arya getting naked with blacksmith dude?

Like we've been watching this show since she was a child and the directors have known her since she was like eight or ten years old?

We don't need to see everything.  It felt like some pervy fan service just kind of fuckin' thrown in there.  Did not like.  I've got a creepy friend in his forties that has been drooling over Arya since before she was of age.  Kind of like the whole Hermione is legal now thing.  I didn't need Arya to fuck anybody and go down that tired "it's our last night on Earth" trope.

I wish they would've just not.

I was so ready for the battle by the end, disappointed I have to wait a week for it.  I legit can not tell what is going to happen or who is going to die and that unsettles me.  I feel like next week we're going to get kicked into a whirlwind.

Also speaking of Arya I am ready to see her kick some White Walker ass.

As far as Dany goes... she knows her dad was a bat shit dictator.  Why was she mad at Jaime?  It seems like they're suddenly setting her up to be the villain that goes crazy like her parents which is a tad bit disappointing.

I'm enjoying the ride and I enjoy Tyrion as much as ever, I just wish this episode had moved the plot on a little bit and I grow wary.

Veselka

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 01:13:30 AM »
Enjoyed it.

Felt real weird that Arya got naked. But humans in GoT are lucky to have consensual sex by the age of 16+.

Character development / catchin' up on the good ol' times was welcome. Some of it was like, one step too far or too many. Dog + Arya + Beric for instance. But otherwise, enjoyed the fire time hearth stories and singing and Tormund giving some serious side eye.

Ultimately, I'm enjoying the pace of this season compared to Season 7 -- It feels like they can take their time with a story, rather than cramming in a bunch of bullshit back to back. Looking forward to Battle Royale next week. Pacing!

--Immanuel Kant

Veselka

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 01:17:16 AM »
Am I the only one who felt super uncomfortable about Arya getting naked with blacksmith dude?

Like we've been watching this show since she was a child and the directors have known her since she was like eight or ten years old?

We don't need to see everything.  It felt like some pervy fan service just kind of fuckin' thrown in there.  Did not like.  I've got a creepy friend in his forties that has been drooling over Arya since before she was of age.  Kind of like the whole Hermione is legal now thing.  I didn't need Arya to fuck anybody and go down that tired "it's our last night on Earth" trope.

I wish they would've just not.

I was so ready for the battle by the end, disappointed I have to wait a week for it.  I legit can not tell what is going to happen or who is going to die and that unsettles me.  I feel like next week we're going to get kicked into a whirlwind.

Also speaking of Arya I am ready to see her kick some White Walker ass.

As far as Dany goes... she knows her dad was a bat shit dictator.  Why was she mad at Jaime?  It seems like they're suddenly setting her up to be the villain that goes crazy like her parents which is a tad bit disappointing.

I'm enjoying the ride and I enjoy Tyrion as much as ever, I just wish this episode had moved the plot on a little bit and I grow wary.

As to why she was mad at Jaime -- It's one thing to know someone in theory 'did the right thing', and another to realize this is the guy that set up your life to be a walking shit show for many years...Living in exile...Getting raped and coming around to love your husband (Khal Drogo)...Many years of hardship directly related to this guy. But -- I think it also points out that life is a journey, everything brought her and Jaime up to this point. Things happened (supposedly) for a reason. I think she was paying lip service to what the Dany of old should have committed to -- Just killing Jaime for his past transgressions -- But she already knew while she was speaking that she didn't exactly believe that. She relied on Jon and Sansa to guide the conversation, and Brienne sealed the deal.

To me it was an interesting reconciliation between what your family tells you must be true, and what you learn to be the truth (or your own truth) through your own journey. The Kingslayer must be a villain, must be awful, must have been the worst person ever to kill your father. But you learn through your travels and life journey that the world is grey, not black and white...It was interesting seeing it come down to something like Sansa's undying trust in Brienne to overpower her supposed 'loyalty' to the Starks and a blood debt. I think it introduces important life lessons in that way.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:23:45 AM by Veselka »

--Immanuel Kant

Cerelum

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 01:21:56 AM »
They didnít show anything with Arya she had some weird nude boob stocking on.

So at most you saw some side boob.

Veselka

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 01:24:48 AM »
They didnít show anything with Arya she had some weird nude boob stocking on.

So at most you saw some side boob.

Yeah, it's still weird to see someone who was like 12 when the show started show side boob.

Anyways, last night on earth trope, etc.

--Immanuel Kant

triste

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 02:09:32 AM »
Seeing the discussion make this turn does make me wish they shot it differently. However, I am glad they took the risk for this reason: it avoids the more harmful madonna/whore trope that we see informing people's reactions right here. I feel like tomboys deal with a lot of shit that mess with their development and seeing the character make this decision in a way that was so in character is net positive and I stand by my role-model comment. The scene was uncomfortable, but wasn't so uncomfortable for me as someone who identifies with Arya and my immediate reaction actually made me think of all the times I've felt guilty for being assertive like she was there. Screw guilt and the whole madonna/whore dichotomy. So yeah -- shot weird, I understand why people are grossed out, but holy shit Arya is a great character and the sort of character I always enjoyed in literature growing up.

Namino

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 02:22:30 AM »
Boy, I sure am glad we clarified how super safe the crypts are.

Now that we know how safe the super safe crypts are,  we can put the people who need to be kept safe there, where they will be safe in safety.

Safe safe safe.

triste

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 02:24:21 AM »
Boy, I sure am glad we clarified how super safe the crypts are.

Now that we know how safe the super safe crypts are,  we can put the people who need to be kept safe there, where they will be safe in safety.

Safe safe safe.

ROFL yeah shit is going to get ugly every which way.