Author Topic: Capitalization and Punctuation.  (Read 944 times)

Lizzie

Re: Capitalization and Punctuation.
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2019, 02:28:59 PM »
Aggghhh I fell into the trap.

I rest my case :)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Riev

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2019, 03:23:15 PM »
Aggghhh I fell into the trap.

I rest my case :)

Thanks, I hate it.

Its a good example though. I'd argue that the spirit of the suggestion is to improve the experience for everyone. "Be the Change" is tauted everywhere, but if 3/5 people in a scene are using proper grammar and two at least are PERCEIVED as not putting in effort, it can (and often will) change the scene and the expectations of the PCs.

Don't let me know you don't respect the game enough to try, and we're fine.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Wday

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2019, 05:03:07 PM »
I can barely read and write!  I am a caveman at a desk typing away I swear.  But I love the role play here and I try or atleast make up my own grammer and spelling.  Myself when come across someone else like me.  if they are in a role play I can usually follow what we are typing out. I truly forget I am reading when I play so details of spelling rarely throws me off.
Well that almost worked.

Lizzie

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2019, 09:16:23 PM »
I can barely read and write!  I am a caveman at a desk typing away I swear.  But I love the role play here and I try or atleast make up my own grammer and spelling.  Myself when come across someone else like me.  if they are in a role play I can usually follow what we are typing out. I truly forget I am reading when I play so details of spelling rarely throws me off.

Misspelling rarely bothers me. We all do it, some more than others. Not TOO concerned with grammar either as long as it's easy to tell what you mean by whatever you're typing. It's the first letter cap and some kind of punctuation at the end that makes me happy. Little things.

Riev

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2019, 09:57:37 AM »

Misspelling rarely bothers me. We all do it, some more than others. Not TOO concerned with grammar either as long as it's easy to tell what you mean by whatever you're typing. It's the first letter cap and some kind of punctuation at the end that makes me happy. Little things.

Honestly this is my feeling, too. Many people spell horribly, or don't read often enough to make correlations in how words are spelled, or hear things said in real life like "for all intents and purposes" but think its "For all intensive purposes" (guilty). But the point is getting across.

Bad Spelling? Improper grammar? Saying "Feck" and "Fok" and whatever... fine. But the general structure of a sentence can't be so much to ask for.

Inks

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2019, 02:56:02 AM »
Some players are blind and it is a lot harder for them to play with full punctuation. I would prefer those pcs I encountered with the quality rp that they had over any tavern sitting aide.
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

Lizzie

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2019, 09:33:01 AM »
Some players are blind and it is a lot harder for them to play with full punctuation. I would prefer those pcs I encountered with the quality rp that they had over any tavern sitting aide.

And some people don't speak English as a first language, and lack of punctuation makes it difficult to understand context. No one's asking for "full" punctuation here - however nice it might be.

What they're asking is for *a* punctuation mark at the end of the sentence, and they're asking for the beginning of the sentence to begin with a capital letter. That's pretty much it.

Riev

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2019, 11:30:37 PM »
I'm beginning to think this is like every online idea ever.

I want to do A.
I prefer B.
But if you do B, C will happen.

3 pages later

So really, all I wanted was A.