Favorite Clan

Started by Cind, March 30, 2019, 05:27:45 PM

Quote from: Vex on March 30, 2019, 09:12:41 PMByn was fun, because there was a collection of different characters, all pressed into the same small area, with predictable results.
This. The Byn is like a crock-pot of random ingredients thrown together with different yet familiar results every time. Everything from humans, elves, mutants and dirty foreigners all packed together always makes for some pretty fun interactions and is one thing that admittedly keeps me coming back to the Byn with every other character.

I might have to change my answer, the Borsail gladiator stuff is really cool.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Red Fangs. Gritty desert elves who can roam the entire world and cause trouble? I'm all about that. Probably why I haven't played a delf in years.

Quote from: th3kaiser on April 02, 2019, 01:29:04 PM
Red Fangs. Gritty desert elves who can roam the entire world and cause trouble? I'm all about that. Probably why I haven't played a delf in years.
I played one of those and shortly after they were destroyed.  I'm sorry.

I blame it on that bastard Alight. I knew I should've killed him when he was a baby Bahak. Oh well, no delves for me!

They stored my Seik after she survived the 2 Bahak + several Sun Runners gang jump at the Gem. If they hadn't stored her, the Sun Runners would have been decimated by my PC. If the Sun Runner PC population had been decimated, Red Fangs would still be a clan.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on April 02, 2019, 02:10:02 PM
They stored my Seik after she survived the 2 Bahak + several Sun Runners gang jump at the Gem. If they hadn't stored her, the Sun Runners would have been decimated by my PC. If the Sun Runner PC population had been decimated, Red Fangs would still be a clan.

Except timing wise, wasn't this after the Red Fang were destroyed?
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Veselka on April 02, 2019, 02:15:23 PM
Quote from: Is Friday on April 02, 2019, 02:10:02 PM

Except timing wise, wasn't this after the Red Fang were destroyed?
Wow, you're right. Heh.

Changed to:
The Red Fangs would have been avenged.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Actual coded clans? My favorite tended to go between Winrothol when they had their Cavaliers and Borsail when they had their Wyverns. Outside of those two, the Utep Sun Clan was actually one of my favorite. I did enjoy Salarr when they had their expansion division, but that was about it. Lots of clans being shadows of their former selves or non existent makes it hard to pick a current favorite.
A staff member sends:
     "The mind you have reached is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."

House Hunter in Kadius will have a special place in my heart. I've mostly enjoyed combat clans - Byn, AoD, Noble House Guard, House Hunters. Those were fun for me. Since I was warrior for lyfe in my early days.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

I think I want to be a noble House pet/somewhat useless person in the future, which I was in House Dasari. I don't have much experience being close to peak in a noble House which I think would be really fun, but the way the game works currently, if you don't want to be an aide its kind of up to the nobles' discretion if they want to hire you or not. Generally, I feel like they're just happy to have a new person on board, but I think they may just kick you to the curb if things would be too dangerous. I've been turned down for employment before for reasons not relating to race or eligibility that I didn't know at the time.

Many places will hire you to be a chef or a cleaning woman, for example. Kadius, Fale, I've seen them there. If you've just played five aides in a row and don't want to leave the noble houses, but want to do something different. They'll also take on 'their own personal' hunters and grebbers just to have someone on board.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Is Friday on April 02, 2019, 09:17:24 AM
al'Seik tribe. Freedom to ranger yet it has a strong set of cultural docs to enjoy through personal development RP. I always find myself going back to that clan. I'll probably play it as my next PC in the near future. Always great.

This, but for the Arabet. I don't love the Seik belief system.

Arabet are more gypsy than gypsies, but also remind me of Tuareg or Fulani nomads.

The only true playable desert clan in the game.

Quote from: roughneck on April 03, 2019, 05:14:49 AM
Quote from: Is Friday on April 02, 2019, 09:17:24 AM
al'Seik tribe. Freedom to ranger yet it has a strong set of cultural docs to enjoy through personal development RP. I always find myself going back to that clan. I'll probably play it as my next PC in the near future. Always great.

This, but for the Arabet. I don't love playing the Seik belief system.

Arabet are more gypsy than gypsies, but also remind me of Tuareg or Fulani nomads.

The only true playable desert clan in the game.

April 04, 2019, 09:32:32 AM #38 Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 05:42:33 PM by Krath
1. Red Fangs
2. Dune Stalkers
3. Winrothol during the war with Tenneshi and the creation of "The Academy"
4. Servants of the dragon
5. Byn
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Had a great time with Red Fang. Had a very old character there who saw lots of awesome PCs come and go and was the last living PC to die....Managed to survive the massacre with 5hp but was forced to give the character up by staff.

Otherwise The Guild for sure. Expect me in the 'rinth as soon as my current char dies :P
Free your hate.

Favorite clans to have played in:

• Blackmoon Raiders
  • House Nenyuk
  • House Reynolte
  • Dune Stalkers
  • House Tor
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Super useful personal opinions for someone who never bothered to associate with the mainstream clans.

Thanks folks!

The Crimson Wind blows, brother.

AoD and Guild. Extra fun if you do both at once. Woo. Too much fun.

Also, I have never not had fun in the Byn. Ride or die.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Red Fang. God that was fun.
Free your hate.

Apparently I have not weighed in on this, but in the last few characters I can remember:

Guild
Guild
Indie Celf
Guild-adjacent
Byn
Guild
Indie Circus performer
Salarr

I think I enjoy the Guild. 2 of them were Face/Leaders too
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Ugh this is a hard one,  If I had to choose from a few clans Ive been in it pretty much goes

Byn, byn byn, indie, indie, Byn, AoD, garrison and the Crimson wind.

I really like the byn in how they opperate but theres also RPing a raider for the crimson wind.

but the two I have to say I like the most is the byn or the AoD
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

thinking back on the roles I had the most fun.

Labyrinth related activities.
Byn Shenanigans.
Tan Muark, AFTER destruction.
Being a corrupt aide to a Templar.
Being a corrupt soldier in AoD.
Red Fang, before they became a tribe of doom.
Bejeweled Hand.

Things I barely explored and rarely consider them to be roles I'd be interested in playing
GMH.
Human Tribals

Byn
House Tor
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

Soh Lanah Kah, hands down was my favourite experience. Though Fale was wonderful as well.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.