Author Topic: Weapon Skills - Piercing, Bludgeoning etc  (Read 983 times)

th3kaiser

• Helper
Re: Weapon Skills - Piercing, Bludgeoning etc
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2019, 11:26:07 AM »
Oh okay. Well thanks for the clarification. My sleepy eyes must've TLDR'd that out. I was just assuming everyone wants to make it easier to skillgain via spars and the like. I'm against that.

Not being fun I get. Grinding is awful. There's like a week period to every new PC that I just don't interact with people while I get to a point of not dying to a passing Shik.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2019, 03:55:19 PM »
Oh okay. Well thanks for the clarification. My sleepy eyes must've TLDR'd that out. I was just assuming everyone wants to make it easier to skillgain via spars and the like. I'm against that.

Not being fun I get. Grinding is awful. There's like a week period to every new PC that I just don't interact with people while I get to a point of not dying to a passing Shik.

If I recall the transition to classes was supposed to get rid of this process.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Feco

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2019, 03:58:57 PM »
And it does.
Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2019, 04:50:58 PM »
I too take issue with the fact that one of the reasons you would choose a certain class is because it gets combat skills to master, but the likelihood of getting to that point without either luck or twinking is impossible. Why not just get rid of the top teir of combat type classes, give everyone a cap at advanced on those skills, and then shuffle the missing skills on down.

This suggestion isn't serious, but you may as well. What's the point of having a cap that realistically you will never reach?
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Inks

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2019, 10:16:37 PM »
It seems to work fine to me. Reached master on my first pc ever without much nonsense. It sounds like I am shilling the party line here but have never got this far weapon skill wise. (Have only got to advanced under old system, and one of those pcs was 80 days played). I feel like you used to have to jump through hoops to get it, with the best assassin I have ever played (the pointiest boi) having app weapon skills at 60 days played.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 09:01:10 AM by Inks »
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

Dresan

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2019, 05:35:48 PM »
I think I would like to see some of the offensive bonus lowered from skills, especially if there any related to strength.  Again this will probably make fights to the death lengthier which is fine and mean more shield blocks and parries than dodges, but right now offense especially etwo-ing is nuts.
This message was brought to you by a fair weather player.