Author Topic: Androgyny and descriptions *READ FIRST LINE _FIRST_!*  (Read 954 times)

Brokkr

• Administrator
Re: Androgyny and descriptions *READ FIRST LINE _FIRST_!*
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 07:11:22 PM »
Because it would be confusing which race one would use it for?  I mean.  Elves might try to use it.  And everyone knows they aren't persons.

Lizzie

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2019, 07:26:16 PM »
Because it would be confusing which race one would use it for?  I mean.  Elves might try to use it.  And everyone knows they aren't persons.

Hoping the above is tongue-in-cheek. I've seen "male" and "female" used without argument in sdescs for humans, half-elves, and elves. No reason why "person" would be any more ambiguous.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

flurry

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
Anyone want a fun trip down memory lane?

Here's the 2006 thread that resulted in that famous list of forbidden nouns: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,20020.0.html
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Krath

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
Why not just use the race.

The short human
The short elf
The short half elf
The short dwarf
The short giant
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Cerelum

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2019, 08:19:43 PM »
Why not just use the race.

The short human
The short elf
The short half elf
The short dwarf
The short giant

I agree, I think this is a pick your battles type situation.

Not saying your desires for non genderer options are wrong or anything, but I would think thatís something that could be better portrayed in the description of the character than the sdesc.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:59:20 PM by Cerelum »
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Namino

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 08:47:59 PM »

Definitely okay to use in an sdesc:
adolescent, amputee, blond/blonde, brunette, female, half-breed, half-giant, humanoid, male, man, midget, redhead, teen, teenager, youth, woman

The above bolded words can be used by any race, human or otherwise, without racial qualification either. I've seen she-elves use 'woman' with no qualifier to hilarious tavern-RP effect.

There is really no argument against including person based on words already included, and it wouldn't even cost anything to implement. Really not understanding the resistance here. Unless we really just don't like making things easier for people.

Edit: sedecrupling down

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2019, 07:44:38 AM »
The fact you haven't been shot down yet is probably an indication it's being discussed staff-side.
Too gay to function since the early 2000s.
I do writing.