Zalanthas: Back in my day...

Started by Gunnerblaster, March 14, 2019, 03:39:46 PM

Start with "Back in my day..." followed by something that dates you.

Back in my day... There were only SIX classes to choose from.

Side-note: Can someone link me to the post that decided to drop the main 6 classes for a bunch of weirdly named ones?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Back in my day we called our sergeants (male or female) "sir." We liked it, too.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Back in my day, the Bard's Barrel (now Red's Retreat) used to regularly fill up all three tables and the bar, and still leave people in the Gaj and the Trader's Inn.  And we liked it like that!
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Back in my day stun and crafting didn't exist
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Back in my day, there was a Copper war going on and a newbie day0 character could be swept up in providing materials for the war effort.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Good folk rode kanks and people wore black trousers that had pockets in them.

A pouched belt was a prized possession.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Back in my day there were half-a-dozen desert elf tribes, and you could play in any of them.

Back in my day, Ayun Iskandir wasn't a Tuluki outpost. It was a broken down castle with one rest-room that was only slightly better than resting at the Span.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Back in my day, you might never encounter a witch while playing in the northlands, but you knew when you did because you spam walked back to Tuluk while peeing yourself after they stole your mount and your dignity.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

Back in my day, there were more than four GMH.

Back in my day, you had to worry about Wyverns and Elites stealing your girl, on top of the Aides.

Back in my day, Freil's Rest was outside the destroyed chaos that was once Tuluk. Sujaal was still a Bynner with (I believe) his brother, or twin, or something. House Terash didn't exist yet and Pearl Terash, its founder, was still serving a templar, and had no children yet. Lady Marie Tor was usually seen hunched over her table at the Trader's Inn, though I once saw her light a joint in the Bard's Barrel when no other PCs were there to witness it (I don't think she realized my PC was there). Sargax was still "only" Senior Agent of House Kurac, and you could ride from Allanak to Tuluk via the North Road the whole way but for a 2-room detour around a chasm.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Back in my day I watched as the Traders Inn burned to the ground due to riots started by a starving artist during the drought.

Back in my day I hung out in the Plainsmans sekret bat cave.

Back in my day both sides won the Copper War but I mostly stayed out of it because I found the HRPT overwhelming with how many people were around and involved.

Back in my day I played a halfling when Sanvean opened the clan back up.  (I found it boring.  There was far less eating people than I had hoped.)

Back in my day, I used to listen to Enirah's music on MySpace.

QuoteBack in my day, I used to listen to Enirah's music on MySpace.

Eniriah was a fantastic singer.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Back in my day, you started the game with contact at novice.

Quote from: PriestlySiren on March 14, 2019, 09:18:40 PM
Back in my day, you started the game with contact at novice.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Shitty looking wrist razors made of cheap leather and bone could sell for many larges. And sheaths sold for two large at auction.

Back in my day, I did not ride a kank, I rode a horse.

Back in my day, We had bracers that could do damage.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Armaddict on March 14, 2019, 06:33:55 PM

She still is, and she's still putting out content!
Eric:  Where's your dignity, man?
Cooper:  Oh, I'm sorry, I must have left that in your mom.

Back in my day 'skeet meat' was the skinning craft that made me snicker like a 13-year old and 'eating dick' usually meant something slightly less literal.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

Quote from: Paint It Black on March 16, 2019, 02:02:35 AM
Quote from: Armaddict on March 14, 2019, 06:33:55 PM

She still is, and she's still putting out content!

Link?

Back in my day there was no such thing as a request tool.

Hahahaha Loving these, alllll of them!

Back in my day the Gan Zien market was where playa's played and the got get GOT.  When NPC elves in the rinth wore copper necklaces and living over 1 day played was a gotdamn miracle!  (mostly because of all the crashes lol)

I MISSSSS the Traders Inn so much, it was the epicenter of Nak and the huge Super Dome they erected in its place is such a waste of space because it's never played in. (unless something goes terribly wrong for a PC)

I miss the North road actually leading North too Lizzie.

Back in my day Mal Krian wasn't a rumor..

Back in my day Blonde-haired, blue-eyed boys were the DEVIL!!!  (OG's will get this one)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.