Cleanliness in assess

Started by MeTekillot, March 14, 2019, 04:09:04 AM

Getting bloodied/sweat-stained/dusty/smelly would lower your cleanliness. Being clanned into a noble house would give you an additional level of cleanliness above the cap of 'relatively tidy' or something. Wouldn't affect anything gameplay wise. Clean with a strigel. Logging in as a noble Lord/Lady sets your cleanliness to max automatically. Just virtual doll shit.

I like this.

Currently the only thing that seems to make you any kind of dirty is sweat getting in your clothes from being in run state outdoors, or the sandstorms making you dusty, which is so damn common that I don't think people care if an aide gets dusty either.

I didn't like Sindome's cleanliness factors, which basically meant that if you worked for thirty seconds, you became so absolutely disgusting that you needed to pay coins to take a shower, and you didn't need to eat in that game unless you wanted a combat boost, but rent cost a lot generally, in one of the cheap apartments. For someone like me who at best could spare an hour a day to work the coded job, this wasn't an expense worth buying.

The point was to mark you out as one of the lower-class people of the city--- everyone on the ground floor was supposed to be mangy and disgusting, in general. That coded job was on the ground floor, but it was basically putting small parts into electronics, which, in real life, is one of the cleanest jobs in the world by necessity--- dirt getting on a microchip makes the device useless or touchy at best.

What I mean is that if Metekillot's idea goes in, it should be something that avoids becoming some sort of metagame, or something that is a complete pain in the ass to deal with in the game. I know its Armageddon, and maybe this is because I'm female, but I don't think -everyone- who isn't working for a Lord or Lady wants to walk around with the moniker 'absolutely disgusting' on their assess. Maybe there'd be some baseline norm that gets gravitated towards under normal circumstances, with levels of cleanliness both above and below it.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

The basic of dust and sweat which currently exists via the sniff command is fine. Adding levels to that, like smelling like dung, or smelling like soap, would be cool.

Honestly, just expand on the things which affect the current command sniff, then toss that in access for PC/NPCs is cool. Or, we could just continue to use sniff. It's not like it's a massive inconvenience.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

It'd be a nice addition, less to make being "dusty and sweaty" stand out, but to let the people who actually use good soap, perfumes, and absorb the associated expenses, stand out.

Adding scents, from the various soaps, might lead to more people using nice soaps when available, instead of selling it for mad monies, and using the nasty stuff instead.

Add a "greasy" scent, when using the fat-only soaps.

Cleanliness in assess, or some other at glance check, would be a good way to make well to dos stand out.

It'd be good, also, if there were optional scents, we could oocly add to our pcs temporarily with command (or temporarily, somehow?), to reflect activities, such as "death" for being around undead, "sex" for... obvious reasons, "burnt" for being set on fire, and things like that. All of it that much easier, with scents in assess.

I use assess, and assess -v, a lot, but I rarely if ever sniff... feels weird, to just SNIFF everyone in a room... it should give an echo that someone is creepily sniffing everyone, like a horny gortok.
"Mortals do drown so."

I'm pretty sure staff is able to add a permanent scent tag to your character... (?)

I concur using 'sniff' just feels sketchy to me, maybe it's the word. I type sniff so-and-so and I feel like I'm being a creeper, every time.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

Just add scent to assess -v, problem solved. Anyway sniff doesn't echo, so sniff to your hearts content.