Bloodstains and Skeletons

Started by Cind, February 19, 2019, 02:20:42 AM

The way corpses decay right now is one of the few things that make this game feel like a game to me. I think anyone would be able to tell if a skeleton was human, elf, or giant, based on the skull and body size. If the skeleton was beheaded, just the size, unless you had bandaging as a skill or something. It would also help corpses last long enough to give some murderers incentive to attempt to get rid of the body themselves, instead of waiting for it to vanish into thin air.

Things that die generally spill a lot of blood, unless you're talking about weapons like arrows, poison, clubs and saps, for example. I think a bloodstain in the room would make sense, and make it last a long time if indoors or on a public street. Not so much in the sands and plains. Can someone tell me how long it takes for a body to lie there perfectly preserved and then suddenly vanish into the atmosphere after its timer runs out? I think its not very long, like a RL day or something. I feel like I haven't run across a real player's body in forever. I'm not sure that should be the case.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Elves are very much identifiable by their bodies, head or not. Their limbs are lanky as all fuck.

I've come across a Pc's body on my last char, I think twice or so. They decay rather fast. It would be cool to see skeletons lasting a while longer. Maybe even make them craftable into shit. Skeleton helmets and armor.

Kill people for weapons.

If you wanted to keep that cultural thing where Joe Everyman doesn't also have skeleton armor and jewelry (I'm kind of hoping against it because anti-cannibalism culture is canon) then maybe remains_crafting would have its own subguild, along with some desert utility since anyone wearing this sort of stuff is most likely going to be some kind of outlaw or working for a nilazi or psion. Mostly? I want skeleton armor and jewelry to stay cool and forbidden.

The skeletons I think should eventually decay if left untouched, but could be crafted into several bones. This part might have to be underneath the skinning skill, but would allow a murderer to chop up a skeleton to prevent its identification. A lot of RL killers do this--- stuff like removing the teeth, which are like fingerprints. For us, this would include hacking up the limbs enough to make it uncertain that they were Lord Templar Unlucky's limbs and not just some random elf's.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I think corpses would actually mummify rather than decay. The exceptions being in the pile. I also think the pile would benefit by being a container (with a very large capacity) rather than just a room description.

in the room:
25.the corpse of the NPC with valuable loot
4.humanoid skeletal remains
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.