Shop assessment of bows.

Started by Vex, January 16, 2019, 11:47:00 PM

When VIEWing bows in shops, some of them return pull information and ammunition types, but others, do not.

QuoteYou assess a fictional bow...
...it is primarily made of wood.
...can be worn across one's back.
...can be slung over the shoulder.
...is a bow, used for shooting arrows.
...testing its pull you decide it is a little weak for you.

QuoteYou assess a hypothetical bow...
...it is primarily made of wood.
...can be worn across one's back.

Having tested multiple views, some show extended info, and others do not. Are these others not, in fact, normal bows? Do I require a specialized skill, like with straight razor weapons?
"Mortals do drown so."

Nevermind.

I bought one, and tried it out. They appear to be bugged, to the point of non-functional.
"Mortals do drown so."

Quote from: Vex on January 16, 2019, 11:52:02 PM
Nevermind.

I bought one, and tried it out. They appear to be bugged, to the point of non-functional.

Did you bug the item, or wish up to have it looked at?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Naturally.
"Mortals do drown so."

Actually, most northern bows are like this. They simply don't work.

When bows were converted over to the new archery code, the ones that were already in game did not update. This has largely been fixed with a script, however certain shops spawn bugged bows every time the game reboots. If you see an issue with a bow like this, please WISH ALL from the room with the merchant and let us know what bow sdesc is causing the issue. If someone doesn't respond to you within 5 minutes or so, please put in a request with the ROOM NAME, NPC SDESC, and BOW SDESC and we'll fix it when someone's available.