What do you want to see more of?

Started by HammerofJericho, January 10, 2019, 12:47:01 PM

Hi everybody!

I'm coming back from a reasonably long hiatus from the game. That being said,  I want to see what the world needs more of in your eyes from pc stand point.

More corrupt soldiers? More beggars clinging in the streets? More raiders? More filthy no good breeds? Elves seem lacking in the world in your eyes?

PS: This totally me collecting ideas to help me find a niche.  ;)
"I stalk the shadows, I am the one who wears that friendly face. Behind your every move, there is nothing you can do. Pride yourself in the fact that you do not already rot and bake. Be prepared, I am always watching." - Allanaki Assassin

more elaborately dressed, pale, perfume haired aides!
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

More people with ideas on how to get players to interact with the world, without the specific need for staff involvement.

Beggars. Bonus point for CHOOSY beggars that don't want THAT meat, it looks old.
Petty people who would hire a thief to steal someone's sword out of spite.
Corrupt soliders that will shake down some un-affiliated person for their sword, on the promise of a free bottle of Sky Draught. Storytellers that just start telling stories to passerby, hoping for a few tips.
Crafter type with a specific, almost dwarf-like focus on one line of offers.

Artist who uses paint/charcoal to put up advertisements around the city. Commission posters for the new Arena match. Bounty posters with some marking to watch out for. Tack up a painting of a scary looking gemmed getting murdered by a mob, right outside the Gemmed Quarter.

An actual travelling merchant, who specifically trades in goods acquired from stores around the Known. Buy some bows in Morin's, sell in Red Storm. Buy some sandcloth, sell it in Blackwing. etc.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Normal folks just trying to get by.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Just a normal guy, surrounded by mutants, freaks, mind-benders, elementalist, gemmed, and a whole lot of corruption.

Quote from: valeria on January 10, 2019, 03:33:28 PM
Normal folks just trying to get by.

AKA

Quote from: 650Booger on January 10, 2019, 12:52:08 PM
more elaborately dressed, pale, perfume haired aides!
Quote from: Riev on January 10, 2019, 02:13:01 PM
More people with ideas on how to get players to interact with the world, without the specific need for staff involvement.

Beggars. Bonus point for CHOOSY beggars that don't want THAT meat, it looks old.
Petty people who would hire a thief to steal someone's sword out of spite.
Corrupt soliders that will shake down some un-affiliated person for their sword, on the promise of a free bottle of Sky Draught. Storytellers that just start telling stories to passerby, hoping for a few tips.

Artist who uses paint/charcoal to put up advertisements around the city. Commission posters for the new Arena match. Bounty posters with some marking to watch out for. Tack up a painting of a scary looking gemmed getting murdered by a mob, right outside the Gemmed Quarter.

An actual travelling merchant, who specifically trades in goods acquired from stores around the Known. Buy some bows in Morin's, sell in Red Storm. Buy some sandcloth, sell it in Blackwing. etc.

Quote from: Decameron on January 10, 2019, 04:52:46 PM
Just a normal guy, surrounded by mutants, freaks, mind-benders, elementalist, gemmed, and a whole lot of corruption.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

You wouldn't believe the number of people these days who keep trying to get me out of my normal zone, i.e. hire me for whatever it is they're doing.

Normal is best, yeah. And when you dod ecide to seek out the dangerous and unusual, its that much more special, i.e. watch Witch Hunter Robin.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Whores, who don't get upset if I want to pay them, to hang out and play teks tower with me.

Sometimes, its just nice to play a board game, okay?
"Mortals do drown so."

Everyone is saying normal. Meh. Be creepy, be weird, have a unique, negative trait that makes you stand out. Beggars, laborers, and everyman sorts are great for everyone else to make their world feel alive. But they never last and in my experience are dull as shit to play as.

I would prefer to see someone to make an enemy of. Or at least an ally that brings more to the plate than hunter/grebber/mercenary #5344. Try something interesting or different. But bring some depth and nuance to the character.

Enemies! I like enemies. They'd probably have to be based in 'nak to really start pissing off everyone though, at least at first.

Enemies are nice, more of those.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Riev on January 10, 2019, 02:13:01 PM

I once played a woman who was obsessed with cutlery and dishware and making it, who was not a dwarf.

Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

January 15, 2019, 05:49:07 AM #13 Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 05:51:56 AM by Cind
Killers within the city, rather than outside, where they are usually called raiders. I haven't actually heard the word 'killer' in a while.

You know--- someone who kills mostly elves with a few breeds thrown in, or who kills byn runners (probably to avoid getting wrecked by going after troopers) or who kills Kadians, or members of House Oash, which seems to be the most active--- there's always witches, so there's always a few aides and nobles working there in the playerbase.

Then they have a method for killing them--- sap them and burn the body, backstab them and leave their belongings, but also leave a red scarf tied around their neck. Poison them with paralyzing poison. Only strikes at night. Only strikes in the commoner's quarter. Leads his victims to the edge of the rinth for a spice business deal and hits them there.

Their mentality--- what are they doing this for? Are they kind of crazy, and have chosen a particular House because their daddy was in that House when he was alive? Are they seeking to draw out their vnpc father with enough kills? Bonus points if you're an unrecognized bastard, and the vnpc father is a noble. Are they simply on a revenge killing spree, attempting to destroy the organization that destroyed their life? (See Kill Bill.) Are they a tribal with a religion who believes House Oash's policies will destroy the world, and they're out to kill every mundane who works for them?

Sometimes, simple can be best, and most easily digested. Are they simply trying to kill as many elves as possible before having to flee to Storm--- and then kill mutants there? Are they convinced Lieutenant Copper is a witch, and have made a witch friend who promises to help, and are trying to draw her out by killing enough runners? Did they witness their soldier sister be killed in an Arm fight outside the walls--- and are convinced its the fault of the militia? Maybe they are based in Allanak, and make sojourns to Storm in an attempt to purge the world of mutants. Every single mutant--- from every half-gith walking around to those tressy-tressed aides whose violet eyes are for some strange, wrong reason accepted by their particular noble. He will prove them wrong.

A lot of killers are at least a little insane, and/or prone to acts of violence, such as unnecessary outbursts or particularly vicious spars/brawls.

Brownie points if you can keep pinning the blame on someone else.

We tend to depict unaffiliated commoner humans as not that smart, but elves are often depicted as pretty smart, and all those stealth possibilities, if you want to go a more predictable route, and make people exhale the stress away when you're caught and say, "Damn elves."

There was one human man, Jarls, who was either killing Allanakis of note or was trying to kill anyone who was strong. I wasn't employed, and was outside of the grapevine, so I wasn't sure. But--- he was succeeding, and it was scaring people. I once witnessed him attempt to kill a Salaari leader in the arena stands during a match. He wasn't succeeding, so he made a quick getaway. It was halfway through the matches--- I wonder how long he stood there, pondering us.

Human Focus - to become a dwarf

I once played a woman who was obsessed with cutlery and dishware and making it, who was not a dwarf.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Personally I'd like to see more high level faces in public.  Red or even Black Robed Templar floating through the streets.

A real Sense of fear would be fantastic.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on January 16, 2019, 07:21:26 AM
Personally I'd like to see more high level faces in public.  Red or even Black Robed Templar floating through the streets.

A real Sense of fear would be fantastic.

This should be easily enough achieved between Templar and nobility dynamics at the Blue Robe level though that's not the vibe I get in the game ATM.  It's a fine line between being too overbearing and PK zealous and trending off to the point there's no real sense of repercussion.

I don't necessarily agree with seeing more red robes on the street. In the few times that I've seen them, it's been something that means everyone stops what they're doing. It has been genuinely intimidating, and I feel like that would be lost if you could go for a stroll down Caravan Road and see one daily.

It would be kinda fun to see an animation of a red robe flying in the air above the city, heading towards the Templar district.

Highly visible plots involving lots and lots of magick.

Quote from: Leudoberct on January 18, 2019, 06:49:09 AM
I don't necessarily agree with seeing more red robes on the street. In the few times that I've seen them, it's been something that means everyone stops what they're doing. It has been genuinely intimidating, and I feel like that would be lost if you could go for a stroll down Caravan Road and see one daily.

Sums up what I'd like to see, with regards to magicks!

Fewer mages, with more powerful *magickal* abilities.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.