Author Topic: Critical Role  (Read 587 times)

Riev

Re: Critical Role
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2019, 11:02:51 AM »
Could we start our own tabletop weekly game via Skype or something?

I'd be down for something similar, but it has been tried here numerous times. From skype to GDB to reddit play-by-post, and it always seems to fall off.

Personally I need the human interaction at the table to really feel involved, but I also don't have a weekly time I can "definitely always show up".
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 04:20:13 AM »
If a group of you all started up a game of D&D I would definitely join. But I'm too much a newbie to be a DM or to organize a campaign. I can play consistent times on weekdays between 5 and 11 PM PST. Weekends would be hard for me, but maybe not impossible.

I've been delving into Campaign 1 of Crit Role and I'm consistently impressed with Sam Riegel's ability to make me laugh throughout every episode. Being a Bard really allows him to shine.

Riev

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »
Sam's improvisation ability is just off the charts. I think he designs his characters around having one glaring weakness and just plays that off, but it works so very well.

Later on in the series, he and Travis are part of one of few scenes that actively make me teary eyed. No spoilers, but they all have a wonderful range.

Except Keyleth. (not Marisha). Keyleth is a na´ve druid that REALLY should always be associated with #thanksKeyleth
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.