My first character was created...

Started by mansa, January 01, 2019, 05:05:11 PM

April 1, 2010

My first play session had Pikachu and the joke skill-level indicators (right before they were implemented for real, I think!).
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Nathvaan on January 06, 2019, 07:00:39 AM
January 1, 1997

This is almost exactly when I started playing MUDs in general.

12 years old, winter semester, the seventh-grade advanced math teacher let 3 dorky middle schoolers eat lunch in his classroom and watch him MUD. I can't remember anything about the mud except the currency was in pearls I think
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I believe mine was 2004... I can't check using the request/bio tool.  Too far back unless I'm missing something.

Quote from: Lizzie on January 02, 2019, 03:32:06 PM
Actual truth: I started around the same time as the poster known as "John." Pretty sure that was 2002. I can't remember who my first character was; Willa or Narie. My current account started in 2006, with the character Landra.
Turns out the account notes we request has this information. My character either logged in or was approved at this date and time: Sat Jul 13 00:51:11 2002

September that year was when we lost the HyperNews version of the forum and got something resembling this forum.

Quote from: John on January 31, 2019, 09:22:25 PM
Actual truth: I started around the same time as the poster known as "John." Pretty sure that was 2002. I can't remember who my first character was; Willa or Narie. My current account started in 2006, with the character Landra.
Turns out the account notes we request has this information. My character either logged in or was approved at this date and time: Sat Jul 13 00:51:11 2002

September that year was when we lost the HyperNews version of the forum and got something resembling this forum.

It was definitely in 2002 then. I posted on the hypernews version, somewhere near the end of that incarnation of the forum.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

February 19, 2019, 12:55:04 AM #31 Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:56:57 AM by Knight of Knives
My account would be a millenial.
"Everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

"Do not become addicted to water, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence."

Quote from: John on January 31, 2019, 09:22:25 PM

This only works if your first character was made when Armageddon had an account system. Some of us predate accounts.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Were there approval emails back then?  Or did you just keep refreshing the MUD until you saw you were approved?

Quote from: valeria on February 19, 2019, 07:53:53 AM
Were there approval emails back then?  Or did you just keep refreshing the MUD until you saw you were approved?
There were indeed approval emails back then.

That might be a way to come up with a date for you older veterans, if you still have access to the emails you used to use back then.

Aug 22, 2012. Mos def have not been playing for very long, compared to so many that are still active.

Quote from: valeria on February 19, 2019, 11:38:48 AM
That might be a way to come up with a date for you older veterans, if you still have access to the emails you used to use back then.

Haha. My first character predates google and gmail. There is no more geocities to check the email!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Yeah, I had an aol email for my very first character.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

At some point in 2002... I played for a few months before I signed up on the GDB, IIRC.

Early 2003 if I recall correctly.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Beginning of 2009 I believe! Ten years!! Boo yah! :)
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Quote from: zeia on February 26, 2019, 11:30:42 AM

*high-fives*

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, since my 2009 Armversary is conveniently the same year and around the same time that I graduated from college.  So also, 10 years  :'(

Quote from: valeria on February 27, 2019, 08:11:31 AM
Quote from: zeia on February 26, 2019, 11:30:42 AM

*high-fives*

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, since my 2009 Armversary is conveniently the same year and around the same time that I graduated from college.  So also, 10 years  :'(

We need party crackers, and fireworks to celebrate!  Or complimentary skill bumps *squints at staff* lol
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Quote from: Rumor on February 19, 2019, 12:24:38 PM
Aug 22, 2012. Mos def have not been playing for very long, compared to so many that are still active.

I don't think Mos Def has ever played, but he definitely should.  I bet he'd play a mean elf.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

2007. First character was named Theodoric. Everyone called him Theo. Played a bunch of warriors.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Jul 17, 2010
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

June 22, 2015.

Holy shit, my old bios.

June 14, 2009.

Registered on GDB a month later. Didn't post until August because of how intimidating it seemed.

Jan 6, 2006 for first PC.

Second PC was made Feb 2008, cause the first PC lasted that long!