Kudos command

Started by MeTekillot, November 19, 2018, 03:24:49 PM

November 19, 2018, 03:24:49 PM Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:26:40 PM by MeTekillot
A command to submit kudos available in-game that would just submit a kudos request. Targetable at characters or if you don't have a target, you can write their sdesc or identifying info.

EDIT: And maybe you should be notified that you have unread kudos when you log in if you have not logged into the website since receiving them?

Hey! I like one of your ideas! :D

I think people would get more kudos this way!
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Quote from: Heade on November 19, 2018, 06:12:21 PM
Hey! I like one of your ideas! :D

I think people would get more kudos this way!
+1

kudos metekillot For channeling his energy into positivity.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

How does your idea work in relation to:

QuoteKudos shouldn't just be a minimum of one sentence. If someone did something worth you taking the time to tell them, please take at least a little time to tell them. A few sentences would suffice. One-liner/one sentence kudos (or kudos otherwise so short they don't actually communicate a clear thought about what it is you liked about what the player or PC did) will likely be rejected.

Since like the bug/idea/type commands there would be a character limit.

Perhaps it can be linked to the date and timestamp, so that in-game Kudos would require being given during or immediately after the event that inspired the kudos to be sent in the first place.

That way you wouldn't need a few sentences to describe why, you'd need just:

kudos amos For playing the perfect victim in this scene!

kudos talia For her stellar mudsex skillz!

kudos 4.hooded for fading to black like a boss!

And the gamelog itself, staff-side, would serve as explanation.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Brokkr on November 20, 2018, 11:42:32 AM
How does your idea work in relation to:

QuoteKudos shouldn't just be a minimum of one sentence. If someone did something worth you taking the time to tell them, please take at least a little time to tell them. A few sentences would suffice. One-liner/one sentence kudos (or kudos otherwise so short they don't actually communicate a clear thought about what it is you liked about what the player or PC did) will likely be rejected.

Since like the bug/idea/type commands there would be a character limit.
Could have them enter the writing editor.