Stupid Things You Would Do

Started by Cind, November 16, 2018, 11:06:09 AM

Quote from: Heade on December 03, 2018, 02:07:45 PM
Quote from: Marauder Moe on December 03, 2018, 02:00:44 PM
Sandwiches and sunglasses.

Sunglasses, I can understand, to a degree. That is exceeding the level of technology they want to see IG. Sandwiches...I mean, putting a piece of meat between two pieces of bread, while delicious, doesn't seem like a technological miracle or anything.

I don't think it's the level of technology that's at issue but rather the word itself.  I, personally, do find the word rather jarring and anachronistic in the game just as I would a "carru burger" or the like.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Sandwiches & gyros exist... we just don't call them that.

That's true. A sand witch is a totally different concept in Zalanthas. People would probably avoid calling food that. It doesn't stop me from OOCly getting hungry every time someone mentions a Sand Witch, though. :D
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

December 03, 2018, 07:51:05 PM #28 Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:54:45 PM by Pale Horse
Quote from: Heade on December 03, 2018, 04:05:36 PM
That's true. A sand witch is a totally different concept in Zalanthas. People would probably avoid calling food that. It doesn't stop me from OOCly getting hungry every time someone mentions a Sand Witch, though. :D

Sand Witch is my character's (unsuccessful) prostitute name.

Edit: I'm not too sure that something sunglasses-like is beneath the technological level of Zalanthas..it'd just be something you wouldn't see outside of a curiosity item used by Nobility or young Merchant House family members looking to make a name/brand themselves.

Something else stupid I'd do...now I'm getting a slue of things I might actually want to do, IG.  Stupid, sure, but they'd be fun.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Honestly? I want this thread to live forever. I know that's not the case, but you guys should spill what dumb, awful or interesting things you would do if the game would let you.

I think I would join a group that all my friends were already in and help raise them to stardom and wealth and power simply because it was a group all my friends were in. Also, I'd convince them to adopt a trademark gesture, symbol, phrase, or the like, and it would be absolutely Hello Kitty My Little Pony, neutering-level cute. Mostly, I'm thinking of a group of gritty, rough, hardcore raiders I used to be friends with, but wasn't actually in, back in the day.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: path on November 22, 2018, 12:17:07 PM
Gather an adventuring party and sit down in the upstairs of the bards barrel to roll up characters and embark on a pencil and paper adventure in an alternate world.

Hahahaha Yes!  And finally get frustrated with the concept, flip the table, kill everyone in the room and then yourself.  Get everyone to roll up new characters and do it all over again.   ;D
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

There is nothing saying you can't come up with an Armageddon based DnD ;)

Have fun figuring out how the system should work tho, seeing as he only have d6...and can't read and write...pictures work!

People have totally played D&D in-game before.

I'd suggest Cards Against Humanity...but let's face it, that's everyday life in Armageddon.

Oh! Oh!

Cards FOR Humanity! Every answer card means the Templar or the Noble or the crazy gortok who hasn't eaten in three months won't kill you!
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

I'd give everyone candy canes and tell them to keep their shotguns close in case Sandy Claws appears.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Cind on December 12, 2018, 03:21:28 AM
I'd give everyone candy canes and tell them to keep their shotguns close in case Sandy Claws appears.

This is the wrong thread for this, this belongs in a "Shit you should do for Christmas time in Arm" thread.