Stupid Things You Would Do

Started by Cind, November 16, 2018, 11:06:09 AM

If it didn't hurt anybody and you could do something stupid in the game, what would it be?

I would probably make a throne of dwarf bones and skulls because I both admire and loathe them, from past experiences in the game.

I would sit on it and drink Fale noble's blood from a cup made of gold and diamonds because Fales love to party.

Then I would retire from my magnificent throne and expect everyone to treat me exactly the same way as before and go about their business like nothing had ever happened.

I suppose I ought to throw in magickal happenings or some kind of crime wave that was my fault, but I don't feel like it. Maybe for a RL day, prices would be super low due to a kind of economic bubble similar to Black Friday. People would then associate me and my dwarf bone throne with those super, super low prices.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Break the fourth wall instead of just leaning on it occasionally.

Pokemon but with all npcs
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Actually ask the crowd at the Arena where I can get a mimosa in this bitch.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Crowd surf the arena during a match.

Build some sandcastles and stick little flags made from scrap cloth and bundled stick figures and play pretend.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Drop some anachronistic references to pop culture now and then.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

IRL Stupid things I want to do: Change my terminal colour to white on a blue background when I type out a bio entry and put this song on in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1WnfMFUqWQ
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I'd introduce items that have no business being in the canon, such as three dildos I designed once but did not decide to waste mc tries on, stress balls (because life in Zalanthas is stressful and I love those things), different types of food that would break the game if sandwiches really are retro-removed like they say (such as pasta and pizza) and those little items that are such a thrill for millennials like me, such as an obsidian pendant in the shape of Pikachu.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

November 18, 2018, 02:21:46 PM #8 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 02:24:02 PM by Cind
There would be five new caves in the game, two of them hard to access, which would contain permanent glued-to-the-floor altar items that have their own string of code. For example, if you brought two candles to an altar item and put them inside the altar (it would be a container, like a table is) then they would automatically light and last three RL days, and a few hours since some people would do this at peaktime.

You'd be able to

>l viciously.spiked

This altar, to those who have been, looks remarkably like the architecture of Luir's, enough to give pause. Thick, black sides and arching, thick black spikes made of obsidian pierce the air at a normal human's shoulder height. The bottom of the altar appears to have remained unfinished out of the cavern floor itself, perhaps to aid to keeping the heavy thing upright. This creative lack of finishing allows for the impossible removal of the altar itself without heavy tools. The whole thing gleams underneath whatever dim torchlight is brought to bear near it.

>put thin.taper altar

>The figure in a dark, hooded cloak places a candle upon the altar and lights it.

>put thin.taper dim.altar

>The figure in a dark, hooded cloak places a candle upon the altar and lights it.

>exam altar

>a couple of lit, thin, white tapers
>an elven skull
>a human skull
>the disembodied head of the prim, proper man
>a severed arm

Wear an electric guitar made out of mekillot bone and obsidian on my back.

And fucking shred.

... I seriously thought about a pickpocket/magick_subguild_that_offers_invis who roams the wastes and "plant"s 'sids and sometimes items on every creature. So for a jozhal it's only five 'sids, for a scrab it's 20 'sids, for a bahamet it's 400 'sids and a silk dress.

Imagine the faces of the new players who find coins in animals just like every H&S MUD.

Quote from: mansa on November 16, 2018, 11:49:02 AM
Pokemon but with all npcs

The 9-year-old half-giant forces you into a tiny obsidian sphere.
You die.
Welcome to Armageddon.

Quote from: roughneck on November 18, 2018, 05:12:28 PM

And fucking shred.

Was one step removed from this. Made a bard-like PC sub-linguist who only sang Death Metal in Mirukkim. Basically just translated Cannibal Corpse lyrics into Zalanthan and spoke mirukkim.

The plan was to, eventually, find an elkrosian or krathi who could do special effects.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

A dwarf or half-giant singing this Dethklok song would legit be the funniest shit ever to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvLDLusWXBI

Whenever I get the message that a PC has died:

goto pc.corpse
arrange corpse with its skull cut open and brains eaten.

Start singing "Always look on the bright side of life" when part of a group about to die in the arena.

Say "clever girl" everytime an imm animates a raptor

oh wait...
Bear with me

Gather an adventuring party and sit down in the upstairs of the bards barrel to roll up characters and embark on a pencil and paper adventure in an alternate world.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Invent pizza, to go with my ale.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

Quote from: Riev on November 19, 2018, 11:21:47 AM
Quote from: roughneck on November 18, 2018, 05:12:28 PM

And fucking shred.

Was one step removed from this. Made a bard-like PC sub-linguist who only sang Death Metal in Mirukkim. Basically just translated Cannibal Corpse lyrics into Zalanthan and spoke mirukkim.

The plan was to, eventually, find an elkrosian or krathi who could do special effects.

Bro....I wish I would have known, I would have made an Elkros and chain lightninged the shit out of the stage....and audience.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote random movie lines, for no reason.

The smirky, dark-haired man has arrived from the east, carrying a small basket.

The smirky, dark-haired man exlaims, in sirihish:
"We came! We saw! We kicked it's ass!"

I tried to introduce rosaries as a thing, although I suppose if staff wanted to retroactively ban sandwiches then euro-style rosaries were out of the question. I think you can still do prayer beads, though, although coded objects don't exist in the game.

I have this urge to have my own Pikachu follow me around in the game, that I got around Professor Baobab.

Quote from: Cind on December 03, 2018, 08:08:47 AM
I tried to introduce rosaries as a thing, although I suppose if staff wanted to retroactively ban sandwiches then euro-style rosaries were out of the question.

They... banned sandwiches?
"Mortals do drown so."

Quote from: Marauder Moe on December 03, 2018, 02:00:44 PM
Sandwiches and sunglasses.

Sunglasses, I can understand, to a degree. That is exceeding the level of technology they want to see IG. Sandwiches...I mean, putting a piece of meat between two pieces of bread, while delicious, doesn't seem like a technological miracle or anything.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.